Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

List of 16" Wheels Known to Fit 2nd Gen Tacomas?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
List of 16" Wheels Known to Fit 2nd Gen Tacomas?

Searched all over and could only find a few 16" wheels that will fit our 2nd gen Tacomas. Wondering if everyone who has had success fitting 16" rims without any modifications could chime in. Brand, Model, specs, pics, etc...
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brochacho View Post
Searched all over and could only find a few 16" wheels that will fit our 2nd gen Tacomas. Wondering if everyone who has had success fitting 16" rims without any modifications could chime in. Brand, Model, specs, pics, etc...
Pretty much all aftermarket 16's fit with the right bolt pattern and backspacing UNLESS they are steel wheels, the only steel wheels that fit are the ones wheelers sells
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Pretty much all aftermarket 16's fit with the right bolt pattern and backspacing UNLESS they are steel wheels, the only steel wheels that fit are the ones wheelers sells

Really? Don't most have problems clearing the brakes?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brochacho View Post
Really? Don't most have problems clearing the brakes?
Pretty much any 16" steel wheel besides the ones wheelers sell will not fit. The majority of aftermarket alloy 16s will fit, although i think your right and there is a few wheels that require "clearancing" the caliper
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
bolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud ofbolio has much to be proud of
bolio's Tacoma Gallery
There's a bunch, just do a search on tirerack and discount tire to start. My costco had great prices on Pro Comp wheels a while back, they have nice 16's that fit. I like the FN website wheels best for our trucks, strong and light but not the cheapest. There's a dude on this forum that can get you a better deal usually. I got the countersteer when they 1st came out, my truck is the speedway blue with bronze wheels. Only compliments and have held up great. I also really like the Mickey Thompson classic locks, my 2nd favorites. And if i was a baller I would be rokin the Volk te37x
http://www.fnwheels.com/