Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

35's how you get em to fit

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
sully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sully1981's Tacoma Gallery
35's how you get em to fit

Debating on moving up to 35's. what did u do to get them to fit. Any rubbing? I've chopped body mount back a little already. Like the look better with 35's but don't want to spend the money if they're gonna drive me nuts and create problems
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
I got 35's nitto mud grapplers... lots of tread. I believe if they are 35x10.5 u shouldn't rub it depends on the lift you have. mine is 35x12.5 and they rub pretty bad on a pro comp mx6 6in lift, im cranking my coilovers to the max in a few weeks to try to minimize the rubbing but i know there really isn't much i can do unless i add an additional spacer or body lift (which im not going to do because i dont like body lifts at all.

hope this helps a little

Oh and i didn't cut anything. the previous owner cut a little in the front side of the front finders but not much. i just let em rub.....

and it only rubs when im taking sharp turns in reverse or making sharp turns and breaking.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not comfortable taking a sawzall to lots of stuff, it's not worth the headache.

Every truck fits differently (lift, UCAs, alignment, random tweaks in the build, etc.) so it's unique to your setup. It's simply a matter of mounting them and keeping a saw and large hammer in the truck to take care of issues as they come up.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
You will want to do quite a bit of clearancing, the cab mount is a good start.... pinch weld will need to be beaten back, and you may need to beat the firewall back a bit. Looks like you have a front bumper, so you wont have to worry about much up there. Fiberglass fenders aren't a bad idea either.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Avatar pic looks like he's using front glass
Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
smashed pinch weld, chopped cab mount. still rubs a little. probably need more caster tho
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Avatar pic looks like he's using front glass
Nice find, just looked at his gallery, he may be in pretty good shape for 35's.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
dont forget! you must re-gear too!
It's a good idea, but it isn't an absolute requirement...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
It's a good idea, but it isn't an absolute requirement...
agreed i haven't re-geared... the 4.0 is pretty good at pulling 35's but you will feel a big difference thats for sure
Old 03-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a few of these threads out there now.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 AM   #12
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1981 View Post
Debating on moving up to 35's. what did u do to get them to fit. Any rubbing? I've chopped body mount back a little already. Like the look better with 35's but don't want to spend the money if they're gonna drive me nuts and create problems
Then dont get 35's without a drop bracket lift.