Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

how big tires for base 2wd taco xcab

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Bowace is on a distinguished road
Bowace's Tacoma Gallery
how big tires for base 2wd taco xcab

I've searched but seems everybody is talking 4x4. I have a 2004 taco xcab 4 cyl 2wd that calls for 205x75x15 tires. I want to put something bigger on there cause this thing will get stuck on wet grass. How big can I go and not kill gas mileage and engine performance. I know I can go 215s but how about 225x75x15, are they too much tire for my rig without a lift kit or getting wider rims.. Help!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
How is a bigger tire size going to help "Stuck on grass" ???

2WD is 2 ...adding weight to the back as some do for winter driving maybe ..
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Bowace is on a distinguished road
Bowace's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that's not exactly the answer I was looking for on this site. The question is; using my stock rims which are 15x6 with 205s on them, how big of a tire will fit them and with my 4 cyl taco how big of a tire will my engine perform with. There's got to be some 4 cyl taco users on here who have put on bigger tires.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
are you wanting to go with just a wider tire? or taller and wider?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowace View Post
Wow, that's not exactly the answer I was looking for on this site. The question is; using my stock rims which are 15x6 with 205s on them, how big of a tire will fit them and with my 4 cyl taco how big of a tire will my engine perform with. There's got to be some 4 cyl taco users on here who have put on bigger tires.

You got my 1st response because of that "Grass stuck comment"...

Try these guys and use their tire calculator. it would be directly from a source that sells them but also relys on good CSR from you...plus you can price many different "Types", P-radials, AT's and even more aggresive for the rear, all from your computer...

www.tirebuyer.com

Good luck finding what you need/want ....and I am a 4cyl tacoma ,just 4WD.......Jumped up to LT265/75/16's from P265/70/16....small difference in MPG's but enjoy my off-roading that much more
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Check the 5 lug section. All answers will b in there. And welcome to tw!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #7

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...ml#post6707116

^^^^^^^^^^ just as he posted I read this and thought of OP...

Nice read and someone did their "homework" just like you are doing...