Notices

Dipping my stock wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
snooptacoma13 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
snooptacoma13's Tacoma Gallery
Dipping my stock wheels?

Does anyone know where i can dip my stock wheels for my 2013 tacoma? preferably in rohnert park, ca?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
What are you talking about? Do you mean PlastiDip or powder coat? If you mean PlastiDip there is no way in hell I wold pay anyone to put a temporary rubberized coating on my wheel that comes in. a $7 aerosol can that you can get at Home Depot. Any normal 7 year old human being could do it and there are plenty of threads on how to do it, BUT if you mean powder coating your wheels than yeah you'll need a local member to help you out.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
snooptacoma13 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
snooptacoma13's Tacoma Gallery
sorry, Im looking to either paint it or plastidip it in black... i meant to ask what would last longer and have less wear on the black coat.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Well Plasti-Dip is a rubberized coating solution and it was not originally made for wheels or anything automotive related. Many people including myself have used it with great results though, however I would only recommend using it for things like trim and bumpers, not a vehicles wheels. If you want a long term, permanent solution than either painting or powder coating your wheels will be more durable than any kind of rubber coating. Don't cheapen the look of your truck. If you are going to change them to black, do it the right way.