Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

question about FJ TRD wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
question about FJ TRD wheels

I just want to verify before buying a coupla things.

1.) Are these plug and play on tacos? No spacers or anything?

2.) I have a 2011 SR5 w/ steel wheels. Can I use my TPMS on these wheels?

Sorry im a n00b just looking to ditch the steel wheel sensations that are on there now.

3.) Bonus: anyone with a silver DCSB with these wheels can feel fre to share a pic of their truck!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The FJ TRD wheels mount right up. No trickery involved.

TPMS valve stems will either need to mounted with an adapter or turned when installed on the alloy wheels but then they are susceptible to damage if you get a flat.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
I'm not running spacers on mine. Discount Tire pulled the TPMS off the Sport rims and installed onto the FJs with no issues.
^^^
You weren't up around Boone yesterday fishing Laurel Creek were you? Saw a truck that was pretty much a twin to mine, except for the Dura's and having a Texas plate on the front, NC in the back. Curious, and apologize for the jacking OP.

Just read that you have the steelies, so like dexter said flip them 180 and they will work from everything I've read.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
^^^
You weren't up around Boone yesterday fishing Laurel Creek were you? Saw a truck that was pretty much a twin to mine, except for the Dura's and having a Texas plate on the front, NC in the back. Curious, and apologize for the jacking OP.

Just read that you have the steelies, so like dexter said flip them 180 and they will work from everything I've read.
Haven't been to Boone since last fall when dropping the daughter off at ASU.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
2011Streaker will become famous soon enough2011Streaker will become famous soon enough
Law Enforcement:
2011Streaker's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys! one final question, will any old 16 inch tire fit on there? looking to these instead of the sport 17inches due to tires being so much cheaper in 16 inch diameter. just wanna make sure that, in theory, the stock dunlops would fit on there. not that i would put them on there but just in theory.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Streaker View Post
thanks guys! one final question, will any old 16 inch tire fit on there? looking to these instead of the sport 17inches due to tires being so much cheaper in 16 inch diameter. just wanna make sure that, in theory, the stock dunlops would fit on there. not that i would put them on there but just in theory.
A 16 inch tire is what I am running. It will depend on the first two numbers as to whether they will rub. 265/75/16 is typically the largest tire without rubbing.