1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about FJ TRD wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 2011Streaker, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    2011Streaker

2011Streaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    I just want to verify before buying a coupla things.

1.) Are these plug and play on tacos? No spacers or anything?

2.) I have a 2011 SR5 w/ steel wheels. Can I use my TPMS on these wheels?

Sorry im a n00b just looking to ditch the steel wheel sensations that are on there now.

3.) Bonus: anyone with a silver DCSB with these wheels can feel fre to share a pic of their truck! :)

2. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    The FJ TRD wheels mount right up. No trickery involved.

TPMS valve stems will either need to mounted with an adapter or turned when installed on the alloy wheels but then they are susceptible to damage if you get a flat.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  3. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    I'm not running spacers on mine. Discount Tire pulled the TPMS off the Sport rims and installed onto the FJs with no issues.

4. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    Airbags deployed
    ^^^
    You weren't up around Boone yesterday fishing Laurel Creek were you? Saw a truck that was pretty much a twin to mine, except for the Dura's and having a Texas plate on the front, NC in the back. Curious, and apologize for the jacking OP.

Just read that you have the steelies, so like dexter said flip them 180 and they will work from everything I've read.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  5. Apr 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Haven't been to Boone since last fall when dropping the daughter off at ASU.

6. Apr 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM
    2011Streaker

2011Streaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    thanks guys! one final question, will any old 16 inch tire fit on there? looking to these instead of the sport 17inches due to tires being so much cheaper in 16 inch diameter. just wanna make sure that, in theory, the stock dunlops would fit on there. not that i would put them on there but just in theory.

7. Apr 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    A 16 inch tire is what I am running. It will depend on the first two numbers as to whether they will rub. 265/75/16 is typically the largest tire without rubbing.

Products Discussed in

To Top