LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Updating Odometer

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
Updating Odometer

Does anyone know if after you increase the size of the tires on your truck you can update the speedo for the increase?

Can a dealer make changes to the computer that controls your speedometer and odometer?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
here's one thing i found for the speedo...

calibrator
Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
Just looked at that. I have a 2007 it only covers up to 2003.

Thanks though.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
not sure how good this one is....linky

it says it works on trucks up to 05...and there should be no difference in 05 to our 07's. if all u did was the 32's, there shouldnt be that much difference, is there?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #5

reid's Tacoma Gallery
well I thought there would not be that much difference. But I used to get 400 km to about 65 liters. On my first tank after the tire change I got 376 to about the same amount. I am less concerned with the speedometer as I am with the odometer. I like to keep track on my fuel economy.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
After putting on bigger tires you can expect your fuel economy to go down. I know you didnt get much bigger than the originals but i would still expect it to go down at least a little. Although that is a good question. If/when i upgrade i want my spedometer and odometer to be as accurate as possible. Reid, if you find anything out how bout lettin us know
Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Bump...

I was wondering the same thing while researching new tires(bigger) to buy. I know that this thread was from a year ago, but what people doing when they go w/ bigger wheels/tires?