BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
PrerunnerRich is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Rich
PrerunnerRich's Tacoma Gallery
BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A?

So I recently purchased my Tacoma and the tires the previous owner put on them just dont cut it (Continental LT/SUV Sports or something like that). Im looking for a tire that will get me around and do a little work during the week but let me play the rest of the time, so Im thinking about BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A's ("All Work And All Play").

Just wondering what everyone thinks of them and if they are a worthwhile investment, as well as some other options to consider.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
matadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shedmatadorCE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
I've had these on since this past December and they're just ok IMO. I don't do any off-roading so I can only speak to their highway performance. They're quiet on the freeway and have decent grip but I feel like the sidewalls are too soft even compared to the stock Rugged Trails. My biggest gripe is that I can break the rear loose easily if it rains when going from a stop. I'm still playing with air pressures but I'm disappointed. From my experience, if it's cold and rainy then I better be very light on the throttle when getting going from a full stop. I most likely won't be using these tires next time.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
PrerunnerRich is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Rich
PrerunnerRich's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help! How do/did you like the Hankook ATM's KTM?