BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #1
PrerunnerRich is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Rich
PrerunnerRich's Tacoma Gallery
BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A?

So I recently purchased my Tacoma and the tires the previous owner put on them just dont cut it (Continental LT/SUV Sports or something like that). Im looking for a tire that will get me around and do a little work during the week but let me play the rest of the time, so Im thinking about BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A's ("All Work And All Play").

Just wondering what everyone thinks of them and if they are a worthwhile investment, as well as some other options to consider.

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
matadorCE is on a distinguished road
matadorCE's Tacoma Gallery
I've had these on since this past December and they're just ok IMO. I don't do any off-roading so I can only speak to their highway performance. They're quiet on the freeway and have decent grip but I feel like the sidewalls are too soft even compared to the stock Rugged Trails. My biggest gripe is that I can break the rear loose easily if it rains when going from a stop. I'm still playing with air pressures but I'm disappointed. From my experience, if it's cold and rainy then I better be very light on the throttle when getting going from a full stop. I most likely won't be using these tires next time.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
PrerunnerRich is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Rich
PrerunnerRich's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help! How do/did you like the Hankook ATM's KTM?