1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

General purpose economical tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by pk5, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Apr 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    pk5

pk5 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Hi everyone

I am going to need to replace my tires soon and I am just wondering have anyone had experience with cheaper tire i.e. the lower prices one at Tire Discounter or similar store? The last time I switch out my tire it was through Costco and it was around $1200 for 4. I am looking to go cheaper if possible.

The Costco tire lasted for about 60,000 miles so far, but it is getting very thin even though I live in San Diego (where weather is not much of an issue)

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should consider?

I have a 2007 Tacoma Double Cab Pre-Runner.

Thanks

2. Apr 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    jmg256

jmg256 Calmer than you are

Member:
    First Name:
    Al Tonter
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100 front/rear (front at .85), Hayden 678 Trans Cooler, 20% tint, Curt Hitch/Wiring Harness, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats (Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers (Black), Cooper Discoverer ATP 265/75/16, LED Map/Dome lights, ImMrYo bracket, Debadged, Extang Tuff Tonno.
    Cooper discoverer atp from discount tire direct. $114 each with free shipping and 50,000 mile warranty...bought a year ago. Great tires. Many reviews out there 265/75/16

[​IMG]

3. Apr 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
    Taco4Dougie

Taco4Dougie Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Dual Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
  4. Apr 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    Xer0 SiN

Xer0 SiN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD SPORT TACOMA / 21 LIMITED RAV4
    this and that...
    they are not pretty tires but i had some uniroyal cross countrys on my girls 4runner. supposedly they are an all terrain tire but do not have the tread pattern as one. they are super quiet on the road and are rated for 80k miles if im not mistaken. we just switched them out with duratracs cause my girl wanted to run a more aggressive tread pattern. these unis have less than 10k on them and by visual inspection they have a TON of tread left. you bet your sweet ass im gonna rock them on another set of wheels. again, they look like a plain jane tire, but these sold me on a less known brand tire.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top