Notices

How big can I go??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Dorcik54 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Dorcik54's Tacoma Gallery
How big can I go??

I have a 2007 toyota tacoma, has 3 inch lift on it. I'm getting 18x9 rims, what's the biggest size tire I can get without rub?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Aztecs is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aerospace Propulsion
Name: Jose
Aztecs's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of people on youtube are going with 285/70R18. If you go with a 17in wheel the tires might cheaper.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
325/85 with some trimming
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
What's the backspacing of the wheels, and how much are you willing to trim?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Just a little trimming....
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorcik54 View Post
I have a 2007 toyota tacoma, has 3 inch lift on it. I'm getting 18x9 rims, what's the biggest size tire I can get without rub?
Define "without rub." Around here that can mean no rubbing under any circumstance or steering/suspension position or could mean no rubbing driving on paved roads while only going straight, never hitting a speed bump and on perfectly level pavement.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
FOX HOUND
Aeon is on a distinguished road

Aeon's Tacoma Gallery
Can I lift my taco in 4 inch lift with 16" rims? if anyone knows let me know
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
Dorcik54 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Dorcik54's Tacoma Gallery
The rims are 18x9s with 12mm back spacing, no rubbing I mean by no rubbing while driving straight or bumps, a little trimming on the wheel liners I could do, I just don't want any major rubbing, if you no what I mean, I don't want to buy a tire with a huge inconvenience.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorcik54 View Post
The rims are 18x9s with 12mm back spacing, no rubbing I mean by no rubbing while driving straight or bumps, a little trimming on the wheel liners I could do, I just don't want any major rubbing, if you no what I mean, I don't want to buy a tire with a huge inconvenience.
12mm would be the offset. And if its +12 then you can't go over 265 width without hitting the ucas.