looking for good A/T tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Chris b.
western88 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
western88's Tacoma Gallery
looking for good A/T tires

folks.. I know most of you out there use super agressvie treads tires of most off roading. I am looking for to replace the damn dunflops. its about becoming drag slick tires soon at 25000 miles already.
What I have in mind Coopers A/T3 is my frist pick (6ply). Firestone distination A/T. I cant find any others that close match to these. I looked at silent amour.. not wild on them due I got a company truck that have prograde amour.. boy talking about nosiy and rides a bit stiff.
I go offroad during the fall for hunting. do some light towing. So I would like to hear what your thoughts on this.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I had the destinations on my old truck. Not the best offroad tire but it has real good on road habits for a AT.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto terra grappler A/t are good. I had them along time ago, they wore good and were not noisy IMO
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I had the destinations on my old truck. Not the best offroad tire but it has real good on road habits for a AT.
X2. I had them for 55k miles, Destination A/T's. Very good tire, I thought, especially for the money.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #8
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Duratracs if you want something a little more aggressive than others mentioned. A little road whine but good ride and so far no issues on wet roads. Looks like I will get about 60k out of mine.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Chris b.
update: I am going for the Coopers A/T3 tires in 245/75/16 6 ply. thanks for your inputs. will post pic soon..
Old 04-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
A/T

What about Toyo A/T II,that's what i'm leaning towards.I'm about 70-30 highway/offroad.

later tig1
Old 04-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by western88 View Post
update: I am going for the Coopers A/T3 tires in 245/75/16 6 ply. thanks for your inputs. will post pic soon..
I have these in 265/70 p rated and they are good in snow, mud, sand. Great all around tire. They seem to be getting a little noisey as they wear but nothing bad. Great choice!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
Chris b.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig1 View Post
What about Toyo A/T II,that's what i'm leaning towards.I'm about 70-30 highway/offroad.

later tig1
I dont see that type of tire on market in tire rack.. Its my choice to pick on Coopers .

TACO TX: did you tow also? any issue with the p rated? I am leaning on the 6 ply .
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by western88 View Post
I dont see that type of tire on market in tire rack.. Its my choice to pick on Coopers .

TACO TX: did you tow also? any issue with the p rated? I am leaning on the 6 ply .
I pull my boat, which is not all that heavy but other than that no. If your going to do alot of heavy towing or load the bed down alot then the c rated tire will probaly be a good idea. I also dont do alot of specific off roading, my truck is used for fishing, hunting, camping ect. Just an idea, but the new yokahama geolander is a good looking tire too.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
SickNaban is on a distinguished road
SickNaban's Tacoma Gallery
toyo open country at 2's.....ck out treaddepot.com. cheap and a very good tire....i love them so far
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
Chris b.
Ohhh now there is a tire I like.. toyo open counrty at 2... I have to look further into it...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Bridgestone Revo2s'. I do mostly highway and the only ''offroad'' i do is on construction sites. They are pretty good in the snow too. Very happy with them so far.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #19
Chris b.
Ok folks... finally got a good set tires coming next tues... after doing some good studies on vary of brands names. The nitto grappler dont come in stock size just one size bigger 265. So.. I ended up with kelly tires.. which is the middle grade type. Bridgestone are the most expsenive. so I will be posting pics soon
thanks for your inputs
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #20
Chris b.
UPDATE: I just got the tire replaced.. it rides nicer,, quiet.. handle well.. good to damn dunflops. here are the pics the frist pic is dunflop at 27000 miels.. the second and thrid is the new tires.. This is meduim AT tires for what I am doing for living. mostly highway and 20% offroad.
Attached Thumbnails
looking for good A/T tires-img_0858-3-.jpg   looking for good A/T tires-img_0859-3-.jpg   looking for good A/T tires-img_0860-3-.jpg