3 tires options, which one is best

View Poll Results: which tires is best
duratracs 38 30.65%
all terrains 62 50.00%
mud terrains 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Matt, I would honestly tell you to get Duratracs again. For some of the problems you say they present with balancing, I think the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. They have a great reputation in both snow and in light mud conditions. They look aggressive, perform well, and they're definitely better in snow than the KM2's. My KM2's pretty much suck in the least icy conditions.

Matt
Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Matt, I would honestly tell you to get Duratracs again. For some of the problems you say they present with balancing, I think the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages. They have a great reputation in both snow and in light mud conditions. They look aggressive, perform well, and they're definitely better in snow than the KM2's. My KM2's pretty much suck in the least icy conditions.

Matt
I think Im pretty much sold on the duratracs again. The 285s in duratracs are 54 pounds vs the 60 pounds of the bf all terrains and part of that sold me. I was really hoping to get the bf goodrich all terrains because of the white lettering and how I think it will pop with my truck but I would rather take function over looks.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #23
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably replace my Duratracs with another set when it comes time I've had no issues with them.

As far as the lettering my Duratracs had white lettering one one side do they not do that anymore.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I like the white lettering like this but I dont know if I would go white side out or black with these wheels Im getting

Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #25
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook RT03

^ if one can't decide between a mudder or AT...

this tire will offer the best of both worlds...
Does well in snow and on wet road surface's,
is better then many tires, for off road traction/varied conditions.
They ride purdy nice and are fairly quiet,
considering the more aggressive lug design.
I don't feel they're any louder then a BFG AT

Tho' it's listed as a MT it's not technically a mudder.
Hankook references the RT03 as a Multi-Traction tire

Commonly less expensive then popular name brand tires.

a worthy contender to consider IMO

^ great reviews by avid off road enthusiasts, as well.

I personally run them...
and like them better then any other tire I've used in the past.

I sold off muh fresh KMII's with only 10% tread wear, for these.
And have never had any regret.

* KMII's are over rated IMO

'cause pictures make it real...

more chatter/discussion

Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #26
L33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant futureL33T35T Tacoma has a brilliant future
Marines:
Name: Jason
L33T35T Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
May I recommend a tire?

Michelin LTX A/T2. I did a TON of research, plus I work in the industry, and this is the tire I decided on for my 2012. I love them, and they have great reviews. Not to mention a 60k mile warranty, even in LTs.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #27
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I like the white lettering like this but I dont know if I would go white side out or black with these wheels Im getting

This is off subject, but who's truck is that? I like those wheels. And another thing to think about with duratracs, sometimes there is a bad egg with them and I've seen them randomly blow or the sidewall rip easily. But that's kinda rare.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ive been thinking about the kellys again. found them in 285/75/16 (70/17 are a lot easier to find). much cheaper than duratracs and are pretty close to a mud while retaining great wet weather traction.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #29
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
i like mud terrains for off roading
Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #30
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro MT vs Duratrac
Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #31
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
DuraTrac. I ran BFG AT for 10 years and they aren't near as dependable on wet pavement or off road. They are a little smoother on pavement. Noise is approx the same. I've not ran the DuraTracs quite a year and believe the BFG will last longer based on projected treadwear. Although BFG looks good, it is not as nice as the DuraTracs IMO. BAlance has never been an issue since Discount Tire does it for me every 5000 miles anyway. You will need to determine the answer about MT. I would only go this route if I did a lot of OR. Take a look at tirerack.com and do a comparison for yourself.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...tpackage=false
Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #32
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i'd go with duratracs again. I didnt have any problems balancing mine, in fact one of the front tires took 0 weight... the rest took a minimal amount. on the other hand... ive had shit luck balancing every set of BFG's ive had, and the BFG MT's suck balls in the snow. ask me how i know:

Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #33
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my second set of BFG A/Ts. My first set nearly lasted 60-70K before I swapped them out with a decent bit of tread left.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Out of the ones you listed I'd get the KM2s and have them siped. They suck in the snow until you have them siped, then they are decent.

Just get anything other than Duracraps. I hate those tires. Poor treadwear, weak sidewalls, ugly........
Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #35
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
have you looked at Mickey Thompson ATZ's?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #36

I was looking up the specs on the bfgs vs the duratracs and the bfgs are 6lb heavier than the duratracs. Im leaning towards the duratracs for sure now.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #37
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was looking up the specs on the bfgs vs the duratracs and the bfgs are 6lb heavier than the duratracs. Im leaning towards the duratracs for sure now.
You said you liked the bfg's because of white lettering? My 285/70/17 duratracs have white lettering, do the 265s not have white lettering? I have them on scs stealth 6's. perfect combo IMO
Old 04-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #38
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Options?

Ordered 4 Toyo A/T II,got my fingers crossed,but feel good about it.Here's hoping.

later tig1
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
You said you liked the bfg's because of white lettering? My 285/70/17 duratracs have white lettering, do the 265s not have white lettering? I have them on scs stealth 6's. perfect combo IMO
Yes I have the white lettering on my duratracs but I have black side out and I dont like the white lettering of the goodyears. Do you have pics of your stealths with the white letters out?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #40
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes I have the white lettering on my duratracs but I have black side out and I dont like the white lettering of the goodyears. Do you have pics of your stealths with the white letters out?
No, i have black side out also. I see what your saying now about the white letters. The bfgs have solid white lettering which is a different look than the outlined white letters on the duratracs.