Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Suggestions on a Clean Matte Black 17" Wheels with "bullet hole" styling

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

Name: Christopher
redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to redcbs Send a message via Skype™ to redcbs
Suggestions on a Clean Matte Black 17" Wheels with "bullet hole" styling

I'm looking for something very similar to the Cragar Soft 8 wheels. I've read multiple threads about Cragar 17's not fitting without grinding calipers and I do NOT want to mess with that. I am trying to avoid running spacers, too.

All I'm looking for is something with this styling, black (matte, if possible), and no chrome. Nice, clean, non-attention grabbing black wheels.

Doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult but every wheel I find I find a thread in here with someone saying they are grinding calipers or running spacers in order to fit them.

Suggestions?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
redcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really niceredcbs is just really nice

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Further information:
-Plan to run 275/70/17 BFG AT which require a 8.5 rim width or less.

MT were perfect match on style, but they are 17x9...
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
These fit without rubbing anything. http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
iForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to alliForceTUNDRA is a name known to all
iForceTUNDRA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Beat me to it!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
I know a couple of guys running that tire on 9 inch wheels with no issues. if you arent airing down to go offroad you would be ok. The Nitto website recommends not going over 8.5 for the 255/75/17 Trail Grapplers, but my tire guy (who I hunt with so I know he wouldn't steer me wrong) assured me that they would be fine on my 9 inch wheels.

If you arent comfortable going wider than 8.5" then the Pro Comp series 97 comes in 17x8. I haven't seen them in person so I have no idea how glossy they are

Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i'm a tard...ignore my link...no 17s offered by Wheelers
Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #9

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i'm a tard...ignore my link...no 17s offered by Wheelers

No worries. I thought I was the one missing something. Crawled thru most of Wheelers thinking the link was off...

Anyways, every wheel that I am finding requires spacers to run on the '11. Is there anyone who knows of a 17x8 wheel that is similar in style and doesn't require spacers?

Btw, Happy Friday.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #11

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
Black Rock Yuma wheels come in a 17x8 with 4.5 backspace. They should fit without spacers. They aren't exactly the same, but they are close.

Someone in the thread below says they are running 16s with no issues so 17s should fit easily.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-question.html
Perfect. Love these Black Rocks. Normally only see them on Jeeps.

Shot a couple PMs off to see if the owners of the 16s see any reason why a 17" with identical backspacing would be a problem. Logic says no but want to make sure.

Much obliged Raz4back.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #12

redcbs's Tacoma Gallery
Just got the tires mounted today. Lift installed this weekend, then the shoes go on