Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Custom 1/2" spacer w/ extended studs...advisable?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
Custom 1/2" spacer w/ extended studs...advisable?

I am running a 1/4" spacer now with extended lug nuts. I just had BFG 285/65r18 tires installed on my rims (18x9, +18bs) but haven't had a chance to take off my winter rims/tires yet so I don't know if I'll have enough clearance on the UCAs etc. I don't think it will be a major problem anyway, but was debating on getting a friend of mine to make me a set of 1/2" spacers and combine that with some extended studs if necessary. Then I wondered if the bolts would be strong enough to allow the wheel to sit 1/2" off the hub given the spacer is just placed there and not bolted on like a 1.5" spacer. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the backspace on the wheels
Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Whats the backspace on the wheels
Sorry, that should have read 5.71" bs and +18mm offset.