LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD beadlock balance issues

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
TRD beadlock balance issues

Someone posted on a Baja thread that they were having a lot of problems with getting the wheels to balance. I tried a search but did not find much more. I know you can experience balance problems with some tires and wheels. I am wondering if this is common with the TRD wheels.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
EatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't heard of this. Sure would like to know the answer, I was thinking of getting some this week.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Someone posted on a Baja thread that they were having a lot of problems with getting the wheels to balance. I tried a search but did not find much more. I know you can experience balance problems with some tires and wheels. I am wondering if this is common with the TRD wheels.
I've heard that when the baja's first came out . I thought its be resolved though .
Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
EatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant futureEatMyTacomaDust has a brilliant future

Name: Johnny
EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I've heard that when the baja's first came out . I thought its be resolved though .
That would be great but given Toyota's track record on resolving issues still leaves me with concern.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
Fastener Tech
MrFastener is on a distinguished road
Navy: EOD Group 2
Name: Steve
MrFastener's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is a little old but let me chime in. These same wheels came on my 2013 Tix Pro, it looks like these wheels are to small for the stock calipers. In my case, the stick on weights are getting thrown by the brake calipers because there is like zero clearance between the caliper and rim. The thickness of the weight is enough that under a load on sharp turns it gets taken out by the caliper. Just my feeling but looks like Toyota screwed up on this wheel by introducing it in a 16". They must have had a surplus of this style wheel and wanted to get rid of but someone forgot that they increased the caliper size a while back...