Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mickey Thompson classic 3

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson classic 3

Is anyone running Mickey Thompson Classic 3 16 x 8?
I've searched and only came up with the Classic Locks.
I'm looking at these,Mickey Thompson Classic III Black Wheels 90000001792 ,4.5"backspace,0.00mm offset,center bore 4.117

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
ohpyramids is on a distinguished road

Name: ak
ohpyramids's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Those are some good looking rims.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
OP, did you ever find out if these new III's are compatible? I know the 16x8 II's are not. I'd like to assume they created the new ones to make them compatible with more vehicles, Tacoma included.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #5
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I talked to a few places that said they wouldn't fit.
Then i read this thread that says the classic 2 will fit with a certain back space. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4843627

I have the classic 2's now and just have to get them put on,but right now i'm in the middle of replacing my transfer case that i cracked while wheeling.
I should have them on by the end of the week.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #6

The Mickey Thompson Classic III fit and look amazing.

Mickey Thompson classic 3-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368379445.634649.jpgMickey Thompson classic 3-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368379556.436254.jpg
Old 05-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Ancient or so i'm told

Looks great!
Can't wait to get mine on, i also got the Mickey Thompson MTZ's
Old 05-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
Ancient or so i'm told

Classic 2 and MTZ installed!
Sorry about the crappy cell phone pictures.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Can we see a pic from the front or back to see offset?

These wheels look great
Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #10

I bought the 4.5 offset classic III wheels. They are tight, but fit my 2010 trd 4x4 no problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64Wildcat View Post

I'll bet those MT's are actually Pro Comp mfr'd.
MT's look to be of the same wheel design/construction !?
I'm betting MT buys them from Pro Comp.
Has PC stamp their logo on them...
Then charges unwary customers for their "middle man" profit

* The picture I posted is actually the PC 8069 (gloss blk)
The PC 7069's are flat black.
^ they are both listed by PC as their "Extreme Wheel Series"

Save yer money and buy generic
Old 05-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #13
Ancient or so i'm told

I paid $114. a piece for the MT Classic 2's,so i think i did alright.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
DirtJumper14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post

I'll bet those MT's are actually Pro Comp mfr'd.
MT's look to be of the same wheel design/construction !?
I'm betting MT buys them from Pro Comp.
Has PC stamp their logo on them...
Then charges unwary customers for their "middle man" profit

* The picture I posted is actually the PC 8069 (gloss blk)
The PC 7069's are flat black.
^ they are both listed by PC as their "Extreme Wheel Series"

Save yer money and buy generic
I have the classicII. The mt and procomp are not even close. The design is completely different. I know because my friend bought the procomps trying to not copy me and they don't look anywhere near as nice as the MT. You can even tell in the pictures you posted the bead area is different. But they must be the same, 8 holes right? Procomps are flatter in the middle hole area and the mt's are dished there.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Jarrettc10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jarrett
Jarrettc10's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i just bought the mickey thompson classic III. Discount Tire said that they were going to fit my truck. Im assuming they are right because the manager guarunteed it with an upgrade in tires if he was wrong. The only thing he ensured i bought was the extended thread lugs so i could get enough rotations and so that my rims would not fall off. Ill let you guys know how they are.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #17
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettc10 View Post
Hey i just bought the mickey thompson classic III. Discount Tire said that they were going to fit my truck. Im assuming they are right because the manager guarunteed it with an upgrade in tires if he was wrong. The only thing he ensured i bought was the extended thread lugs so i could get enough rotations and so that my rims would not fall off. Ill let you guys know how they are.
good looks man! let us know how they are!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #18

I didnt get extended lugs, just different lug nuts. So far, so good.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
Jarrettc10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jarrett
Jarrettc10's Tacoma Gallery
My Mickey Thomspon IIIs

These are the Mickey Thompson IIIs on my truck. 16 in rim with 275 yokohama geolanders. No rub and they look and feel awesome (i do have the stage 1 icon suspension which gives me a little lift as well)! I would strongly suggest them to anybody!
Attached Thumbnails
Mickey Thompson classic 3-img_2489.jpg   Mickey Thompson classic 3-img_2512.jpg   Mickey Thompson classic 3-img_2513.jpg  
Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #20
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettc10 View Post
These are the Mickey Thompson IIIs on my truck. 16 in rim with 275 yokohama geolanders. No rub and they look and feel awesome (i do have the stage 1 icon suspension which gives me a little lift as well)! I would strongly suggest them to anybody!
very nice!!! truck looks great man!