Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

konig six shooter help

Reply
 
* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
mo13 [OP] mo13 is offline
Senior Member
mo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant future
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
Joined: Jul 2011, #60800
Location: fleming island,FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 413
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
konig six shooter help

whats up guys so ive read the stickys and what not and still have questions about what tires to run so far I've narrowed down the model of tire i want to goodyear duratracs size is still up in the air. The wheels i bought are some used konig six shooters the specs are 17x9 with a 5" backspace and a 0mm offset. im also planning on buying pretty much a icon stage 4 lift but instead of the bling bling icon uca just buying some normal icon uca to save some money. So my question to yall is which tire size to run with this suspension set up. The member i bought the wheels off of said he was running 265/70r17's with em but i was thinking that that tire size is a bit of a stretch and i wont have that much protection for the wheels in the rocks and what not. so pretty much im asking whats the biggest tire i can get away with on the wheels i bought with just trimming the mud flaps and inner fender splash guards also is there gonna be any interference with the uca and all that. Was thinking about the CMC but i dont know where i would go to get that done in my area. appreciate the help also will be looking in older forums to see if any one else has this same question with this set up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,113
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo13 View Post
whats up guys so ive read the stickys and what not and still have questions about what tires to run so far I've narrowed down the model of tire i want to goodyear duratracs size is still up in the air. The wheels i bought are some used konig six shooters the specs are 17x9 with a 5" backspace and a 0mm offset. im also planning on buying pretty much a icon stage 4 lift but instead of the bling bling icon uca just buying some normal icon uca to save some money. So my question to yall is which tire size to run with this suspension set up. The member i bought the wheels off of said he was running 265/70r17's with em but i was thinking that that tire size is a bit of a stretch and i wont have that much protection for the wheels in the rocks and what not. so pretty much im asking whats the biggest tire i can get away with on the wheels i bought with just trimming the mud flaps and inner fender splash guards also is there gonna be any interference with the uca and all that. Was thinking about the CMC but i dont know where i would go to get that done in my area. appreciate the help also will be looking in older forums to see if any one else has this same question with this set up.
I've installed enough setups now with 285/70R17 and 17x9" Konig Six Shooters to say that you should not rub on the cab mount with this setup, so a cab mount chop should not be necessary.

You'll need to trim your fender liner and the back of the plastic over fender (fender flare) in the front just a bit. The rear fenders will be just fine.

It is possibly that under the right load / suspension compression, with the tires turned just right, and the air pressure in the tires lowered that the tire might slightly rub on the cab mount, but I've tried everything I could to get 285/70R17 tires to rub with the 17x9" Konig Six Shooters, and they wouldn't rub. I've also tested 285/65R18 with the 18x9" FN Wheels BFDs and the wheels didn't rub.

All of the 285/70R17s and 285/65R18s that I tested had an overall diameter (OD) of 32.8" or less, and an overall width (section width) of 11.5" or less.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
mo13 [OP] mo13 is offline
Senior Member
mo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant future
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
Joined: Jul 2011, #60800
Location: fleming island,FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 413
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the reply, im planning on getting the CMC done so i can clear actual 33" tires with a 11.5 section width. But the more i think about it im starting to lean more towards the nitto terra grapplers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JdMeF9SiR2's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2010, #35758
Location: Riverside CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,113
JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo13 View Post
thanks for the reply, im planning on getting the CMC done so i can clear actual 33" tires with a 11.5 section width. But the more i think about it im starting to lean more towards the nitto terra grapplers.
You'd have no issues with Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've personally tested the Terra Grapplers in 285/70R17 on the Six Shooters and there was no rubbing on the cab mount.

Something like the Nitto Trail Grappler, on the other hand, will probably rub the cab mount, since a 285/70R17 Trail Grappler is actually 33.15" OD and 11.81" OW / SW.

It just depends on the specific model of tire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
Junior Member
Tennesseewarrior is on a distinguished road
Joined: Aug 2013, #110618
Location: Kingsport Tn
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Tennesseewarrior's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy Folks, I just joined today and going to ask a stupid question right off the bat.
I bought a 2013 Tacoma. The dealership takes them to a local 4WD place, has them lifted, suspension beefed up, install new tires and wheels. Full warranty.
This one has Toyo LT285/65R18's. Dealer had 32 lb.in them, sidewall calls for 80. I'm running 40. I don't want to start a wear pattern cause I'm sure not looking forward to replacing them.
I searched the Toyo site and they don't even have the damn tires on it ?.Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, TW
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
1911's Avatar
Name: Jerry
Joined: Nov 2012, #92179
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 238
1911's Tacoma Gallery
The 80 PSI is what the tire is rated for at Max, your truck even fully loaded is no where near as heavy as that kind of pressure would be required for.

For normal circumstances run the pressure recommended by Toyota for your truck whether OEM tires or not.

BTW, from your area and RPM is a great shop.

Did you get your truck from Phil Bachman or Toyota of Kingsport?

If it was the black extra cab in Kingsport you got one fine looking Taco.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
Junior Member
Tennesseewarrior is on a distinguished road
Joined: Aug 2013, #110618
Location: Kingsport Tn
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Tennesseewarrior's Tacoma Gallery
RPM did the work. Bought in Kingsport. I didn't like the wheels on the access cab and talked them into swapping the ones from the std. cab on the showroom floor. Less spokes, less to clean. There are pic's on my profile.
Thanks for your time.
"1911" I'll bet that ain't the year you were born but, what you carry on your hip ?.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
1911's Avatar
Name: Jerry
Joined: Nov 2012, #92179
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 238
1911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseewarrior View Post
RPM did the work. Bought in Kingsport. I didn't like the wheels on the access cab and talked them into swapping the ones from the std. cab on the showroom floor. Less spokes, less to clean. There are pic's on my profile.
Thanks for your time.
"1911" I'll bet that ain't the year you were born but, what you carry on your hip ?.

Yep, sell them for a living.

Kind of in the same boat, mine came with 18" Chrome XDs, a bit too much flash and waaaaaay too much upkeep.

Got a set of SCS F5 in gunmetal on the way, going to Duratracs
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Junior Member
Tennesseewarrior is on a distinguished road
Joined: Aug 2013, #110618
Location: Kingsport Tn
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Tennesseewarrior's Tacoma Gallery
SCS, F5 That's a fine looking set of wheels.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
17" Konig Six Shooter Wheels - Brand New JdMeF9SiR2 Wheels & Tires Marketplace 341 12-25-2014 10:10 PM
*LIGHTLY SCUFFED* Konig Six Shooter dually Wheels & Tires Marketplace 36 01-29-2013 07:44 PM
Oregon Shooter Confronted at Mall hillbillynwv Guns & Hunting 6 12-18-2012 01:50 PM
Chinese Army Training FPS Shooter KenLyns Technology 1 05-19-2011 10:25 PM
Phoenix area pistol shooter beginners? astral Arizona 43 05-26-2010 04:08 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.