1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

konig six shooter help

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mo13, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Apr 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    mo13

mo13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Orange park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    whats up guys so ive read the stickys and what not and still have questions about what tires to run so far I've narrowed down the model of tire i want to goodyear duratracs size is still up in the air. The wheels i bought are some used konig six shooters the specs are 17x9 with a 5" backspace and a 0mm offset. im also planning on buying pretty much a icon stage 4 lift but instead of the bling bling icon uca just buying some normal icon uca to save some money. So my question to yall is which tire size to run with this suspension set up. The member i bought the wheels off of said he was running 265/70r17's with em but i was thinking that that tire size is a bit of a stretch and i wont have that much protection for the wheels in the rocks and what not. so pretty much im asking whats the biggest tire i can get away with on the wheels i bought with just trimming the mud flaps and inner fender splash guards also is there gonna be any interference with the uca and all that. Was thinking about the CMC but i dont know where i would go to get that done in my area. appreciate the help also will be looking in older forums to see if any one else has this same question with this set up.

2. May 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

JdMeF9SiR2 FN Wheels

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra 06 Tacoma 14 FJ Cruiser 19 Tundra
    I've installed enough setups now with 285/70R17 and 17x9" Konig Six Shooters to say that you should not rub on the cab mount with this setup, so a cab mount chop should not be necessary.

You'll need to trim your fender liner and the back of the plastic over fender (fender flare) in the front just a bit. The rear fenders will be just fine.

It is possibly that under the right load / suspension compression, with the tires turned just right, and the air pressure in the tires lowered that the tire might slightly rub on the cab mount, but I've tried everything I could to get 285/70R17 tires to rub with the 17x9" Konig Six Shooters, and they wouldn't rub. I've also tested 285/65R18 with the 18x9" FN Wheels BFDs and the wheels didn't rub.

All of the 285/70R17s and 285/65R18s that I tested had an overall diameter (OD) of 32.8" or less, and an overall width (section width) of 11.5" or less.

3. May 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    mo13

mo13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Orange park, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    thanks for the reply, im planning on getting the CMC done so i can clear actual 33" tires with a 11.5 section width. But the more i think about it im starting to lean more towards the nitto terra grapplers.

4. May 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM
    JdMeF9SiR2

JdMeF9SiR2 FN Wheels

Member:
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra 06 Tacoma 14 FJ Cruiser 19 Tundra
    You'd have no issues with Nitto Terra Grapplers. I've personally tested the Terra Grapplers in 285/70R17 on the Six Shooters and there was no rubbing on the cab mount.

Something like the Nitto Trail Grappler, on the other hand, will probably rub the cab mount, since a 285/70R17 Trail Grappler is actually 33.15" OD and 11.81" OW / SW.

It just depends on the specific model of tire.

5. Aug 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    Tennesseewarrior

Tennesseewarrior New Member

Member:
    Kingsport Tn
    Vehicle:
    It's black
    Lifted, 18" Wheels
    Howdy Folks, I just joined today and going to ask a stupid question right off the bat.
    I bought a 2013 Tacoma. The dealership takes them to a local 4WD place, has them lifted, suspension beefed up, install new tires and wheels. Full warranty.
    This one has Toyo LT285/65R18's. Dealer had 32 lb.in them, sidewall calls for 80. I'm running 40. I don't want to start a wear pattern cause I'm sure not looking forward to replacing them.
    I searched the Toyo site and they don't even have the damn tires on it ?.Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you, TW

6. Aug 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

1911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver 4x4 lifted with 32"s
    3" lift With rear leveling kit 32"s mounted on 16" F5s 20" and 30" Rigid LEDs Rigid LED backup lights Nerf bars (to be replaced with rock sliders) CB Custom grill
    The 80 PSI is what the tire is rated for at Max, your truck even fully loaded is no where near as heavy as that kind of pressure would be required for.

For normal circumstances run the pressure recommended by Toyota for your truck whether OEM tires or not.

BTW, from your area and RPM is a great shop.

Did you get your truck from Phil Bachman or Toyota of Kingsport?

If it was the black extra cab in Kingsport you got one fine looking Taco.

7. Aug 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Tennesseewarrior

Member:
    Kingsport Tn
    Vehicle:
    It's black
    Lifted, 18" Wheels
    RPM did the work. Bought in Kingsport. I didn't like the wheels on the access cab and talked them into swapping the ones from the std. cab on the showroom floor. Less spokes, less to clean. There are pic's on my profile.
    Thanks for your time.
    "1911" I'll bet that ain't the year you were born but, what you carry on your hip ?.

8. Aug 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM

1911 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver 4x4 lifted with 32"s
    3" lift With rear leveling kit 32"s mounted on 16" F5s 20" and 30" Rigid LEDs Rigid LED backup lights Nerf bars (to be replaced with rock sliders) CB Custom grill

Yep, sell them for a living.

Kind of in the same boat, mine came with 18" Chrome XDs, a bit too much flash and waaaaaay too much upkeep.

Got a set of SCS F5 in gunmetal on the way, going to Duratracs

9. Aug 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    Tennesseewarrior

Member:
    Kingsport Tn
    Vehicle:
    It's black
    Lifted, 18" Wheels
    SCS, F5 That's a fine looking set of wheels.

Products Discussed in

To Top