View Poll Results: 255/75/17 Tire Options
Hankook DynaPro M/T RT03 1 3.57%
Goodyear Wrangler MT/T Kevlar 7 25.00%
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 5 17.86%
BFG Mud Terrain KM1 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
Going with 255/75/17 which tire?

As the title says I have done my research and I am going to go with 255/75/17 size tires. I will be installing a 5100's set at .85 with Eibach coils and Wheelers progressive 1.5" HD AAL. The tires are goin on 17x8 wheels with 4.5 backspacing (Level 8 MK6).

The tire 3 choices I have in this size are:

1. Hankook DynaPro MT RT03
2. Goodyear Wrangler MT/T Kevlar (Also come in 275/70/17 which I might like)
3. Nitto Trail Grappler M/T

Opinoins?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
BFG KM1
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
jaime2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: jaime
jaime2013's Tacoma Gallery
nitto trail grapplers
Old 04-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice wheel choice, tough choice on the tires. They are all pretty gnarly.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You should actually do a poll, include the KM1 (it won't hurt). You could get away with 255/80/17 with eibachs and 5100s at .85 also but since you said 255/75 I say go with the KM1's.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
BFG KM1

I had KM1's on my Jeep back in the day and loved them. But I think they are just basically made as OEM for Wranglers now aren't they?
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brochacho View Post
I had KM1's on my Jeep back in the day and loved them. But I think they are just basically made as OEM for Wranglers now aren't they?
You can go to a Jeep dealer and get them installed on your ride, I've also had lots of luck finding sets of 5 on craigslist for pretty cheap (jeep take offs).
Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
You should actually do a poll, include the KM1 (it won't hurt). You could get away with 255/80/17 with eibachs and 5100s at .85 also but since you said 255/75 I say go with the KM1's.

Poll added.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
whichever you choose, please post some pics here once you have them loaded up.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Hankook ATm
x2 Mine have performed well thus far.

This is where I insert my selfish quip about wanting a 255/80r16 for my Pickup
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
x2 Mine have performed well thus far.

This is where I insert my selfish quip about wanting a 255/80r16 for my Pickup

I'd like to stick with a M/T. It's not my daily driver so I can deal with the loss in MPG etc.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
whichever you choose, please post some pics here once you have them loaded up.

Will do! Hopefully have everything done next weekend...
Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd like to stick with a M/T. It's not my daily driver so I can deal with the loss in MPG etc.
Since when does the Hankook MT come in 255/75/17 ?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Since when does the Hankook MT come in 255/75/17 ?
http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/fin...14053&sw=false
Old 04-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Huh , must be a new size for that tire

I had them in 265/70/17
Old 04-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #18
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I have the KM's but will probably switch to the Nittos once these wear out
Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
I have the KM's but will probably switch to the Nittos once these wear out
What's your reasoning for switching up? I'm just concerned that the KM1's are of BFG "oem" quality since they only seem to make them for Jeep.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #20
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's your reasoning for switching up? I'm just concerned that the KM1's are of BFG "oem" quality since they only seem to make them for Jeep.
I just want something with a more open treas pattern to dig into the swampy gumbo mud we have down here. If I get a good deal on another set of KM's I'll probably just keep them