Notices

Treadwright tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Poorboyota26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
Poorboyota26's Tacoma Gallery
Treadwright tires

New rubber from treadwright arrived today.
These will be the second time I have purchased tires from them and I decided to go with the Bead 2 Bead, thinking that the extra sidewall rubber might help.

I had great luck with the last set. Got 50k miles out of them and 3 years.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Good looking tires. They don't seem too aggressive for an MT tire but meatier than my ATs.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Love my old guard dogs on my 4 runner. Thinking I may put new wheels and tires on my Tacoma come fall and will most likely be some b2b guard dogs after my positive experiences and cheap prices
Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #4

I had a set of the bfg AT look alikes and they performed very well. I had issues with finding tire places that would balance them though. So I'm gonna try some Dayna beads this go around and see if that helps. Over all a positive experience.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Running those now and very happy with them. Even happier with the price!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
ERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERMB's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set of wardens now 265 75 16, little worried about some cracking along the connection between the two- carcus and tread. Keeping an eye on it though. Got about 16000 on them now. Performance wise they've been great. Really like the the new b2b option too wish they had tose available when I bought. They also came out with a new tread pattern recently, look sweet. Good luck with the tires, post a pic when you get them mounted!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to try the new bead to bead claws. I just wonder if they can be expected to get about the same mileage as ya'll are getting on the guard dogs?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #8
ERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shedERMB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ERMB's Tacoma Gallery
I hope the "claw" tread will open up into new sizes too, love to see that one in a 285. As far as tread wear I dont see any reason for that pattern to wear more quickly than the guard dog. The patterns are similar enough to wear similarly too.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #9
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.treadwright.com/p-76-255...ard-dog-c.aspx

Check out the new size I wonder how these would do in sand? Thats the only concern
Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poorboyota26 View Post
I had a set of the bfg AT look alikes and they performed very well. I had issues with finding tire places that would balance them though. So I'm gonna try some Dayna beads this go around and see if that helps. Over all a positive experience.
Why wouldn't they balance them.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #11
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDeLaPlaya View Post
https://www.treadwright.com/p-76-255...ard-dog-c.aspx

Check out the new size I wonder how these would do in sand? Thats the only concern
That's the oem size for the Rubicon Jeeps. The contact patch is smaller for better gas mileage. Would do ok aired down but not for deep, soft sand. Ran the bfg km1 JK tires on my grand Cherokee in that size. I think it would be ok but you'll get more floatation with a wider tread surface.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
They said the casings were 10yrs old and didn't want to mess with retreads...ignorant tire guys in my opinion
Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #13

Had them on the truck a little while now and have about 2000 miles on them. Louder than the warden patern but they are an mt as opposed to an at. The fronts are out of balance so I have to take them off and go get them redone.

I bought some dyna beads and I think I'm gonna try those before I do though.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #14
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know how they hold up im gonna buy a set in the next few months
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post

Corporate BS