Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

mod problems

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
grills is on a distinguished road
grills's Tacoma Gallery
mod problems

i put in a revtek 3" suspention lift in my 2012 trd.powdercoated my stock 17 inch rims and put on 285/70/17 mickey thompson baja atz's, the tires are rubbing on the upper control arm with the turn of the wheel... how do i fix this problem?

thanks
Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel spacers. Look up spider trax the 1.25 inch hub centric are what you need
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
grills's Tacoma Gallery
they wont stick the tires out to much past the wheel well? any problems with them breaking or blowing up?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
grills's Tacoma Gallery
do i need to get longer studs? or is the spacers all i need to fix the problem?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You'll be fine I ran 285/70/17 duratracs in sport 17's for almost two years on spider trax spacers with zero problems. Just torque them down to specs and you'll be good
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers will fix your problem. Or get after market rims. I wheel the shit out of spidertrax wheel spacers and they are fine.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
Click on the link to my build in my sig and scroll mid way down the first post. I have pics of how far they'll stick out.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
grills's Tacoma Gallery
would 1 inch work? we have regulations up here that doesnt allow tires tp stick out pas the wheel well
Old 04-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Yeah I'm sure they would