Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Fake beadlock torque spec

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
Fake beadlock torque spec

Does anyone know the torque spec for the lugnuts on Toyota's fake beadlock wheels?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
88 ft lbs IIRC..
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
Edit: dumb me lacks reading comprehension. Lug nuts are ~82 Foot/lbs and bead lock ring is 45-50 Inch/lbs per my documentation. This is for the TRD 6 Lug Rock Warrior style alloy wheel with fake bead lock. Don't think it could be too much difference.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
Actually I believe it is 36 on the ring Allen bolts. I've got the paperwork in my truck and will check for sure at lunch. I have the TRD Rockwarrior 6 lugs but it has the same beadlock type ring. It may even be inch pounds... 88 Foot pounds seems really excessive for the fake beadlock. I only torque my lug nuts to 83 foot pounds.
I'm just wondering what the lug nuts need to be torqued to.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I'm just wondering what the lug nuts need to be torqued to.
Updated my post. Lug Nuts are ~82 Foot Lbs. I don't think you would have gone bad with 88 but, if you want to be really specific, 82
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I do 95 in all my wheels, just out of habit, but it is a good idea to stick with the mfg specs.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
Never Satisfied
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I do 95 in all my wheels, just out of habit, but it is a good idea to stick with the mfg specs.
Hell I never used a torque wrench on my old jeep. Just got them snug and then a little extra umph. But I think I really over tightened them sumb'tchs a few times. They never fell off.