1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will this fit my 5-lug?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by thehype31, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Sep 1, 2007 at 9:38 AM
    thehype31

thehype31 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 "mini" 5 lug
    I'm a long time lurker of tacoma world, and I have a question that I can't find the exact answer to. I have a 2006 5-lug and I'm looking to upgrade my wheels/tires from those puny stock steel rims and tires. I'm just looking for something more aggressive for my truck. First, will these wheels fit on my truck? Is the 4.5 inch backspacing the number I'm looking for? Also, will these tires fit on this wheel, even though the wheel says it is 8 inches wide, and the tires say 9.5 inches wide?

Wheel: 15 x 8 Rock Crawler steel wheel with 4.5 inch backspacing
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT63532.aspx

Tire: BF Goodrich All-terrain T/A, 30/9.50R15LT, total diameter, 29.9 inches.
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=BFG50534

Thank you in advance for any replies... I think this is a setup that will work, but I just wanted to check with the wheel gurus to make sure that this is a plausible setup. Thanks again!

2. Sep 1, 2007 at 12:29 PM
    thehype31

thehype31 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 "mini" 5 lug
    Thanks for the reply... I know I'm going to have to take that little box of molding out, but thats ok. What is the backspacing on your new rims, if you happen to remember?

EDIT: Also, if I were to go to maybe a 15x7 rim, would the tires still fit on the wheels?

Products Discussed in

To Top