Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheelers Steelies Type A

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers Steelies Type A

So I placed an order with Wheelers for some Black Steelies Type A. I talked to Dan at Wheelers and he said the Type A would fit my truck just fine. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger. So fortunately/unfortunately the wheels are on backorder and I have to wait 3-4 weeks....

I've ran into a few people recently that have mentioned that the Type A Steelies will or will not fit on a stock suspension Tacoma (mixed reviews), so it got me thinking. Let me mention that I have a 2011 Tacoma SR5 4WD with 265/75 16 tires on stock suspension (no lift).

I emailed Dan so Im just waiting on a response from him, but since Im at work not doing anything I figured Id go on TacomaWorld and get some feedback from yall.

Sooo will the Type A Wheelers steelies fit on my truck with the aftermarket tires and no lift... with no rubbing issues?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
sorry mods. delete one of these threads. work computer is acting up
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #3

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's an update for anybody wanting to know if the Wheelers Steelies Type A will fit a 2nd gen non-lifted truck... According to Dan at Wheelers, they will fit with no rubbing issues

I'll give another update once I receive the wheels and get the wheels actually installed on my ride.. W/ pics. Stay tuned
Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Tacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant futureTacominer has a brilliant future

Name: DREW
Tacominer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the type B and they fit perfect. i know of some other people that have the typa A and they work just fine also.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #5

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacominer View Post
I have the type B and they fit perfect. i know of some other people that have the typa A and they work just fine also.
What size tires are you running? And are you lifted?
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
im willing to trade you tpms if youre interested. I got some steel ones but ended up getting some scs stealth wheels and now I need some tpms
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #7

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
im willing to trade you tpms if youre interested. I got some steel ones but ended up getting some scs stealth wheels and now I need some tpms
You wana trade tpms's? What's the difference?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
from my understanding you can't put aluminum tpms on steel rims and vice versa