Notices

Wheel question??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
JRoss is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimmy
JRoss's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel question??

Is it possible for me put 16 inch alloy wheels, onto my 2005 TRD sport that has 17's on it. The wheels are pitting up pretty bad and these wheels are super hard to come by. But I found a set of nice alloys off a 2007. Just didn't want to buy and not be able to use them.. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
You can put OEM Tacoma 16" alloys from SR5 or TRD Off road on your '05 Sport.

However not all aftermarket 16" wheels fit 2nd gen Tacomas. Some won't clear front caliper.

Btw, 16" and 17" 2nd gen OEM Tacoma wheels are sold all the time in TW marketplace for a few hunded $.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
JRoss's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks alot, some of the research I did said yes, some said no.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
JRoss's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, thanks for the tip, I found a guy selling the 16's for $350
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
You can put OEM Tacoma 16" alloys from SR5 or TRD Off road on your '05 Sport.

However not all aftermarket 16" wheels fit 2nd gen Tacomas. Some won't clear front caliper.

Btw, 16" and 17" 2nd gen OEM Tacoma wheels are sold all the time in TW marketplace for a few hunded $.
Correct. You can even use wheels from s FJC or 4Runner. Just double check with us if you're unsure. Pics would help.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Correct. You can even use wheels from s FJC or 4Runner. Just double check with us if you're unsure. Pics would help.
Yes, I forgot to mention that...(and I even have FJ's for winter, but in 17")

Also 1st gen Tundra wheels will fit.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
FYI. I just tried to put the OEM 16" Wheels from my 98 4Runner on my 05 TRD Tacoma Sport.... and they did NOT clear the calipers. :/