Notices

Painted wheels anthracite

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
Painted wheels anthracite

Had my stock TRD off road wheels anthracite. I had them plasti dipped for a few months. Can't say anything bad really it held up just fine, but I really wanted this color instead. They aren't on the truck yet still at shop but what do u guys think? Will it look good on an MGM taco? Should have it back together this evening but here's a pic of the wheelPainted wheels anthracite-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367588275.987101.jpg
Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Looks sick! Lets see it when they are finished
Old 05-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #3

Will do either this evening or tm I'll post them up
Old 05-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Next time, take an extra 2 minutes and mask off the tire...

Color looks nice though.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Yea. If you took them to a shop to have done and they didn't mask off your tire I'd be pissed. I wouldn't let that be done at my place. But the wheels look good. I've been planning on doing this to mine at some point.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real good, look familiar
Old 05-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet! I plan on doing the same to mine when I get some free time. Did you have someone paint them or do it yourself? Paint brand and color? I'm leaning towards duplicolor wheel paint like this guy...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-pics.html
Old 05-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
thats exactly the paint that I used. Sand, wash, Prime, sand and 3 coats of the graphite wheel paint. let em cure overnight and good to go.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #10

Got it back today really like a lot now. Especially since they cleaned up my tires and u can see the white wall now they were red clay lol sorry for the crappy pics its raining here Painted wheels anthracite-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367614381.575518.jpgPainted wheels anthracite-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367614400.241746.jpgPainted wheels anthracite-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367614419.112106.jpg
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #11

And my brother did it at the paint shop he works at. Believe the paint was what Toyota uses not sure though I'm pretty paint illiterate. It was 1A1 was the paint code that's All I know
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Needs more tire now
Old 05-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #14

For real these are some of the wimpiest tires around I gonna try to get some by end of summer. These rugged fails have 24k on them now and I honestly doubt they'll make it to 30k their wearing like shit
Old 05-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #15
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
And my brother did it at the paint shop he works at. Believe the paint was what Toyota uses not sure though I'm pretty paint illiterate. It was 1A1 was the paint code that's All I know
Sick! Looks really good! Do any clear coat or anything? And how many coats?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
For real these are some of the wimpiest tires around I gonna try to get some by end of summer. These rugged fails have 24k on them now and I honestly doubt they'll make it to 30k their wearing like shit
check out treadwrite.com

I have not hear/read one negative review about them. I had a set of their tires on my truck and loved them!

$530 for a pair of 265-75-16's BFG tread patterns shipped to my door
Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #17

Yes they were clear coated but I'm not sure how many coats.
I have been looking at tread wright very hard especially their new bead to bead Claws those things look sick. I'm sure treadwright will get my business pretty soon
Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #19
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I painted my wheels graphite.. and have a white truck.. love the look