Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spacers and axle warp?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zach
puddin67's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers and axle warp?

So I've been lookin into gettin the 1.25" spidertraxx spacers from ToyTec for my 04 Prerunner. A buddy of mine said he had spacers on his old jimmy blazer but they torqued and warped his axles real bad. Has anyone had this problem with their Taco or does anyone advise against this?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Are you referring to blocks for the rear springs? If so, then they will cause axle wrap. Another culprit of axle wrap would be worn springs.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Cactusone is on a distinguished road
Cactusone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin67 View Post
So I've been lookin into gettin the 1.25" spidertraxx spacers from ToyTec for my 04 Prerunner. A buddy of mine said he had spacers on his old jimmy blazer but they torqued and warped his axles real bad. Has anyone had this problem with their Taco or does anyone advise against this?
I think you are confusing wheel spacers and axel blocks (spacers).
Old 05-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Ah yeah maybe he was confusing the two cause I know a lot of guys run wheel spacers and I've never heard of any problems with them so that would make sense. Thanks guys
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Wheel spacers shouldn't cause your axles to warp, but they will add stress to your wheel bearings, suspension and steering components. They won't add any more stress than what an aftermarket wheel with the equivalent offset would add, and in my experience I've never had wheel spacers cause any issues on a Toyota even when used in conjunction with extremely low offset aftermarket wheels.

Overall I don't think you'll have any issues with a good quality 1.25" wheel spacer and a set of OEM or aftermarket wheels as long as your wheel bearings and suspension bushings are in good shape.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdMeF9SiR2 View Post
Wheel spacers shouldn't cause your axles to warp, but they will add stress to your wheel bearings, suspension and steering components. They won't add any more stress than what an aftermarket wheel with the equivalent offset would add, and in my experience I've never had wheel spacers cause any issues on a Toyota even when used in conjunction with extremely low offset aftermarket wheels.

Overall I don't think you'll have any issues with a good quality 1.25" wheel spacer and a set of OEM or aftermarket wheels as long as your wheel bearings and suspension bushings are in good shape.
Okay great, thanks man
Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin67 View Post
Okay great, thanks man
No problem!