Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
tacoma492 is on a distinguished road

tacoma492's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS

i tried to search for this topic but i couldnt find it so any help is appreciated.

i recently just picked up new wheels and plan to mount them on tomorrow after my lift. My plan is to remove the tpms out of my trd sport rims today and mount them on my new aftermarket rims and drive without the tpms for a day. question is.... would driving without tpms for a day reset/re-code? or would i be fine if i drove for a day until i get my lift and could mount my aftermarket wheels with the original tpms and not need to recode?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma492 View Post
i tried to search for this topic but i couldnt find it so any help is appreciated.

i recently just picked up new wheels and plan to mount them on tomorrow after my lift. My plan is to remove the tpms out of my trd sport rims today and mount them on my new aftermarket rims and drive without the tpms for a day. question is.... would driving without tpms for a day reset/re-code? or would i be fine if i drove for a day until i get my lift and could mount my aftermarket wheels with the original tpms and not need to recode?
You will be fine. The TPMS sensors work off a radio code, if you had you're wheels off you're truck and still in range the computer will still read the sensors programmed to you're truck.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
Greytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreytacoma1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dave
Greytacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma492 View Post

All your tires would actually malfunction and all of a sudden your brakes won't work. Jk, you'll be just fine.