Notices

On road / Off Road Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
bemis9 is on a distinguished road
Name: Grant
bemis9's Tacoma Gallery
On road / Off Road Tires

Ok, so I am new to this forem as I am looking to get my first Taco this spring. I am apologizing if this is repeated anywhere but I have been looking for a while now.

I a'm looking at a 2013 TRD sport short bed, and am looking to get some new tires on it as the stock tires are less than impressive. I have found great off road threads as well as street threads but I haven't found anything involving a good on road tire with off road capabilities.

I am looking for something that isn't too loud and gets decent milage, but will still preform well in rough off road conditions. I know this is asking for a lot from a tire but I am just looking for the best option. However I will primarily be highway driving.

I have done some research and this is what I have come up with so far and was just wondering everyone opinions on these tires as well as other options they would recommend.

Thanks,
Grant.

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/...-at-revo-2-eco
DUELER A/T 2 ECO

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....er+SilentArmor
WRANGLER SILENT ARMOR

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/op...-terrain-tires
TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T II

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light...ERER-A-T3.aspx
COOPER DISCOVER A/T3
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
RCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Dick Cepek

Take a long hard look at the Dick Cepek Fun Country II hybrid tires. DC made this to bridge the gap between an all terrain tire and a mud tire. I have them on my 2011 TRD Off Road and love them.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
Discoverer or General Grabbers. The Goodyear's are nice but salty.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
runner05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
runner05's Tacoma Gallery
I had the DUELER A/T before and I can say that it is a good all-around tire. Never been stuck in the sand or mud, but these tires don't clean themselves out very well.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
had silent armors............decent tire, but these destination A/T in load range C are much better.

check tirerack......they have a way to check ratings on each tire catagory.... mud/snow/dirt/noise/onroad/wet/dry/etc.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
You're missing arguably one of the best true on road tires with all terrain capabilities. Look for yourself on Tirerack they are rated almost 5 out of 5 stars from thousands of reviewers. I have them myself and they are everything they are hyped up to be and more.

Michelin LTX AT2s

Old 05-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
jpatzig101 is on a distinguished road
jpatzig101's Tacoma Gallery
Also look at BFG Rugged Terrain. Just ordered some. Supposed to be really good ride comfort and quiet on the highway. Not really an "All Terrain" tire, but still looks somewhat aggressive
Old 05-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i have Cooper ATP tires, they are wonderful.
have been in sand,rock,loose rocks,dirt/gravel,mud,snow and ice. work great off road, and hold the road well too!

wearing fine, only the edges are wearing for me because i am a jackass and like to take turns really fast. haha
Old 10-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
Jimmy Bachar is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Jimmy
Jimmy Bachar's Tacoma Gallery
Got the bfg rugged terrains. Not the trails. They're pretty awesome if you ask me
Old 10-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin LTX AT2's!!

Products Discussed in this Thread