Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

If you like the Hankook Dyanapro ATM (P) but want more miles. So try them as LTs or ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Yes, indeed... I have not been a fan of Goodyear, for no special reason.. but the Duratracs do look good. Can you tell me (Pers.Mes. if you wish) how much you paid for them and where? Thanks!

PS I can't imaging a Subaru with Grabber AT2s on it!!! Cool!
Discount Tire Direct was the cheapest I could find last month. $710 after rebates for a set of four, delivered. I think they'll be a good tire for me.

The OEM Bridgestone tires on the Subaru were expensive junk, on and off road. The only AT tires I could fit were the AT2 and some flavor of Yokohama Geolander AT, and the Generals were on sale. I took the Subaru places I probably shouldn't have, and towing my camper in the Rockies put more stress on it than I wanted to, so the Tacoma was the logical upgrade.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #23
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
what tire pressure are you guys running?
Whatever's on the data plate (33 psi?) for now. Offroad, I'll run around 15-20 psi and see how that goes. Maybe a little lower if sand traction is an issue.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Whatever's on the data plate (33 psi?) for now. Offroad, I'll run around 15-20 psi and see how that goes. Maybe a little lower if sand traction is an issue.
alright cause i went out and checked mine and they were at 50 psi probably no help from sitting in the sun all day but i lowered them to about 36 psi
Old 05-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
alright cause i went out and checked mine and they were at 50 psi probably no help from sitting in the sun all day but i lowered them to about 36 psi
http://www.ehow.com/how_6948382_chalk-tires.html
Old 05-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #26
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Dynapros at 35 psi.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #27
Petrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shedPetrol is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Petrol's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't run General AT2's on my 03 Tacoma yet but I've been pleased with them on my Jeep. The Generals' are far less expensive than the better known brands such as BFG. Tires seem to be one of the places that you can end up just paying for the name. There's some junk on the market but so far the General's have proven to be a good lower cost option. I believe my father is running Coopers on his 95 Tacoma and he has been happy with those as well. I've run just about every brand out there and the mileage claims are pure BS in my experience. I'd rather base my decision on cost & performance instead of the alleged tread life.
One excellent method I've found for researching tires is to ask people that use a brand of tire but DIDN"T pay for them; such as public works employees, utility company employees, construction workers, etc. Their options of the tires they use are not influenced by an attempt to justify their own purchase of the tires. You are more likely to get honest opinions from people that just use the equipment but didn't have to pay for it.

Good Luck!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #28
Prerunner6 is on a distinguished road
Prerunner6's Tacoma Gallery
i have a set of 265/75/16 hankook dyno's AT for sale!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #29
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner6 View Post
i have a set of 265/75/16 hankook dyno's AT for sale!
Why?
How worn are they?
How much do you want for them?
Oh, where are you?