Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

16" Konig Countersteer Offroad & Tundra brakes?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
TacoFL is on a distinguished road

TacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
16" Konig Countersteer Offroad & Tundra brakes?

Anyone out there running this combo on their 1st gen (or Tundra)?

Have searched and read extensively of course...particularly the stickies in this forum...nothing stating a definitive answer...

JdMeF9SiR2 you out there? from what I read you might be able to address this one?

The FN wheels site does not seem to have this info.

I am running the S13WE calipers and corresponding rotors on my 02 Taco with stock 1st gen Toyota alloys...16" 4.5" BS. These wheels clear the calipers fine. Just putting that out there as during my search for info I found numerous posts questioning or stating the contrary.

Related - Anyone know of a list of alloy wheels compatible with these calipers? TTORA has a thread on this subject but it is pretty short. Add the SCS F5 wheels, stock Toy alloys and a few Pro-comp models I have been able to verify by search and this list is pretty limited...

Anyway any help is appreciated!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
MK6 Level 8

I'm not sure if the Countersteer will clear the brakes but the 16x8 (ET0, ET-10) Level 8 MK6 should.

Level 8 MK6 Wheels

From Concept to Production...Level 8 MK6
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #4

TacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply...

hey thanks for that...Have looked at the Level 8 wheels as well.

Sure would like a definite "yes they fit" versus a "should" though

I may very well be hitting you up for some of those...Since I have you on the subject of Level 8 MK6s; can you confirm these are hubcentric with a 106mm bore?

back to Lurking and searching Tundra/Sequioa forums for more answers on these calipers and compatible wheels it appears.

Regards
Old 05-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

According to our fitment guide, the 16x8 MK6 (both offsets) clears the 1st Gen Tundra and Sequoia brakes.

The MK6 in the 6-139.7 bolt pattern utilizes a 106mm hub bore
Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
Hey TacoFL, I am running 16" Countersteers and have the Tundra brake mod (using the larger 13WL 231mm calipers even). They clear no problem. No spacers needed.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #7

TacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
Smile OK found it...106mm hub bore

My bad...found in your attached thread where it states Level 8 MK6s are 106mm hubcentric

Man I thought I searched and read it, what I get for not saving that info.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Wheel and Tire Guys

Glad we could help, TacoFL.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #9

TacoFL's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...Thanks Davidpick that is exactly what I was hoping for

Really appreciate that reply. Lets me narrow down the choices.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
The 16x8" Countersteer Offroads most definitely clear the S13WE and 13WL Tundra brakes. I have had a set of 16x8" Countersteer Offroads on my 2005 V8 Tundra for a few years now.

I know you did not ask about the Level 8 wheels originally, but if you are considering the Level 8 wheels I would encourage you to compare the weights of the two wheels as well.

The Konig Countersteer Offroad weighs approximately 18.5lbs.

The Level 8 MK6 weighs approximately 23.5lbs (per Level 8).

This is approximately a 27.5% difference in unsprung weight. You'll save a few bucks up front with the MK6, but in the long run you'll lose gas MPG, braking and suspension performance when comparing to the lighter-weight Konig Countersteer Offroad. Since you upgraded your brakes to Tundra calipers, I would imagine that braking performance (and performance in general) is important to you.