Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What size leveling kit for 285/75/17 tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
jglott is on a distinguished road
jglott's Tacoma Gallery
What size leveling kit for 285/75/17 tires

Hey. I'm trying to decide what size leveling kit (front and back if need be) is necessary to fit 285/75/17 size tires on my 2010 double cab 4x4 tacoma? I want to get BFG a/t and don't want any rubbing. Thanks
Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
beaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: scott
beaver_scott's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the 285 70 r17 with a 2" spacer up front and one extra leaf in the back...not sure what the lift is because it was on the truck when I bought it, but I get rubbing sometimes when turning and hitting a bump. I also had to do a little bit of trimming up front and removal of the front mud flaps. Since you are looking at getting tires bigger than mine, I would suggest getting a bigger suspension lift to avoid rubbage.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
jglott's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. Thanks. From what I've read I was thinking a 3" up front and maybe a 2" in the back. I'm just not that familiar with rear kit sizes. I've got the TRD sport wheels, think I'll need to make a change? It's got 265/75/17's on there right now stock?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget if you are using stock wheels and 285s you will need wheel spacers or your tires will rub the upper control arm.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglott View Post
Hey. I'm trying to decide what size leveling kit (front and back if need be) is necessary to fit 285/75/17 size tires on my 2010 double cab 4x4 tacoma? I want to get BFG a/t and don't want any rubbing. Thanks
285/75/17 is a 34" tire. If you want no rubbing you would probably need a 6" db lift. On a 3" lift you will definitely have to chop the cab mount, remove mud flaps and cut inner fenders a lot and you will probably still rub! Read this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...285-75r17.html

Probably best to go with a 285/70R17 for less troubles unless you want to do lots of cutting
Old 05-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
jglott's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the insight! I'll look into 70's instead of 75's. Don't really want to do a lot of trimming. Trying to keep it as simple a transition as possible
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
Don't forget if you are using stock wheels and 285s you will need wheel spacers or your tires will rub the upper control arm.
And that is the answer I've been looking for. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The lift does not change what tires and wheels fit, only the amount of compression you will have till they rub. The trimming for "no rubbing" is the same for stock and your leveling lift.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
And that is the answer I've been looking for. Thanks!