1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FJ WHEELS ON MY 1ST GEN

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by abunch, May 12, 2013.

1. May 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    abunch

abunch [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Brooklyn
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD
    icons, ucas, Deaver pack, DD, ARB, Warn 9k, 255-85 km2, rigid lights, yada, yada
    I have been searching but have not come up with an answer for my question. I found some anthracite fj wheels. they are 16"x7.5" with 4.5" of backspace. I want to run them on my 04 taco that currently has 285s. My stock wheel size is 16"x7" with 4.5" of backspace.

How does the 1/2" in wheel width I am going to gain effect me? Does anyone have these wheels on a 1st currently?

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. May 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    TacoFL

TacoFL Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD Limited Double Cab
    Icon COs, Alcan rear springs + Bilsteins, AFE intake, Canton oil accumulator, Tundra front brakes, land Cruiser rear discs, full floating rear, 4.56s, true-trac up frnt, Manual Hub swap, All-Pro rear bumper and bed rack, Relentless Fab DIY plate front bumper w/Ramsey REP 8000, 285 Duratracs on SCS F5 wheels.
    Been doing a lot of research on these wheels as well others...this link is really useful for this kind of thing. http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp I have found fitting them on a 1st gen with 285's would likely require a spacer to account for the increased BS. They are not 4.5" BS like stockers.

TRD FJ Cruiser Alloy Wheels PT904-35071 (anthracite color)
    16x7.5
    +15 mm offset
    ~4.90" backspacing
    6x5.5" bolt pattern
    106mm hub bore
    ~24lbs

good luck, post some pics if you get them!

3. May 13, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    abunch

abunch [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Brooklyn
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD
    icons, ucas, Deaver pack, DD, ARB, Warn 9k, 255-85 km2, rigid lights, yada, yada

Thanks for the info. I was using that same calculator but did not have all the specs you listed.

My 285s rub the frame on full lock so yes it seams like I would need a 1/4" spacer at least for the front. I am worried about rear. When I full flex the back it rubs like crazy. A 3/8" spacer out front would get me back to about stock backspacing. .

Products Discussed in

To Top