Notices

snowflake on sidewall

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
knotty has a spectacular aura aboutknotty has a spectacular aura about
Name: John
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
snowflake on sidewall

I need to get some new tires with in the next month or so and have been looking and i like to play in the snow and mud and sand .. I know i would like to have the snowflake on the side wall of the tire so i wont have to chain up in the winter.. what is a good all tire with the snowflake ???
Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post

thats how i am feeling also !!!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Duratracs are the tires you want, they have the snowflake winter rating but lots of guys run them year round for everything.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
I'd recommend bfg a/t t/a. Mine (265/75/16 in load range e) have the snowflake. I've been useing this tire for the last 20 years or so (gone through around 6 sets) and have never had an issue... great all around tire.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Its the symbol for severe weather rated. State laws may vary, but they often allow a driver w awd/4wd to not have to chain up.

Duratracs are the most aggressive I know of, some AT ones are les schwab/Deans wintercat, BFG has one, GY silent armor, and some others.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
knotty's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info guys !!! im leaning to the Goodyear Duratracs!!