Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel Poll - Black for Youngsters, Chrome for Old Farts?

View Poll Results: Which color wheel looks better?
I'm under 35 - Black 226 50.79%
I'm under 35 - Chrome 27 6.07%
I'm over 35 - Black 87 19.55%
I'm over 35 - Chrome 29 6.52%
I'm 35 and I like both 17 3.82%
This is s stupid poll 59 13.26%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Desert Snow is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
Desert Snow's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Poll - Black for Youngsters, Chrome for Old Farts?

Seems to me that most younger guys go for black wheels and older guys (like me) prefer chrome. That true?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 47 and like polished / painted (light gray or silver), so I'm not sure where that puts me......
Old 06-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
WyoRoam is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Department of Interior
Name: Brian
WyoRoam's Tacoma Gallery
Only three metals exist in this world.... Gold, silver and chrome.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Snow View Post
Seems to me that most younger guys go for black wheels and older guys (like me) prefer chrome. That true?
Yes that is definitely the trend here in SoCal. I swapped my wheels to polished aluminum from black about a year ago for this reason. The police in my city really like to profile teenagers and ironically since switching my wheels, I have not been pulled over once for a fix it ticket as opposed to the many times when they were black. I am 21 BTW
Old 06-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
easystickerco is on a distinguished road
easystickerco's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer flat black. and I'm over 50 lol
Old 06-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
This must really depend on area... around here it's definitely not like that.. I see way more aftermarkets in chrome/silver than black.

My opinion tho as an under 35er is it really depends on what color the vehicle is as well as what kinda wheel is it.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
Neither. I like polished alloy, but not particularly chrome. I would prefer nickel or bronze over chrome.

Black is a fad. It's popular with guys that track their cars, because hot brake dust easts most wheel finishes. Then the ricers latched onto it. Like most fads, it will fade in time.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
Sixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to allSixxtaco is a name known to all

Sixxtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I much prefer black and I'm 42. Of course they say generation X just won't grow up.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
I actually like the polished silver/alloy look of a lot of stock-ish trucks. Chrome is basically stupid for any real off-roading. Black is OK, kinda make a vehicle look tougher... I painted my alloys after owning the truck for 7 years because they were scratched all to hell (and some of my Heap friends had black wheels and it looked decent). Oh, I just turned 40
Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 49 and I have always loved the black wheel look. Especially on a silver truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheel Poll - Black for Youngsters, Chrome for Old Farts?-camper-top-041.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
NRA Endowment - Member
mwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwc273's Tacoma Gallery
Black is the new black.
Always liked black.
I'm over 50.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
"If you Didn't know,now you know"
blackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the roughblackhorse is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rick
blackhorse's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome guy here,im 43 and always liked the chrome look! black is ok for some applications though.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
I got polished myself. Black rims are getting a little tired and played out. Chrome is too blingy for me. I prefer silver painted for maintenance purposes, but those are a little rare in the aftermarket world. I also like the bronze look. It's fresh and new but only works with certain color vehicles.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
38 and don't like chrome. I'd go with black but I have a black truck and that might be too much black. Will probably stick with polished aluminum for the pop.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
My president is black, my lambo is blue, and i'll be god damned if my rims aint too!
black rims, or charcoal. Or bronze if it works well, silver isn't so bad a lot of the time. not chrome though, can't stand chrome.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Ever since I got rid of my Harley sportster 4 years ago I've avoided chrome at all costs...