Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone use these wheels? any comments or reviews.

View Poll Results: Do you approve of these?
Yes 4 100.00%
No 0 0%
dont care 0 0%
Get the steel wheels. 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
P33Rob is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry 2nd ID, 4th ID, 10th MTN
Name: Rob
P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use these wheels? any comments or reviews.

Black rock wheels Yuma series 908b
They weigh 29 lbs they are aluminum but look like steel their load cap. Is 2200lbs.
For a truck that rarely goes serious off road just dirt roads and some uneven terrain.
They are 17x8 with 4.5" offset (backspacing) so they will stick out about a half inch more I assume. I believe these are the same weight as stock and therefore won't suffer any noticeable changes is mpg or low end torque. If not these i was gonna get some black steel like procomp 52. For the price of these you can't beat them in aluminum obviously steel is cheaper.

I posted a link at the bottom. Opinions appreciated.

They go for $131- tirepackage .com

http://www.blackrockwheels.com/produ...YumaSeries908B
Old 06-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #2

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Bump deos anyone have a reason why I should avoid these?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #3
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think someone on here was selling a set not too long ago.

Edit: found it. Sold already but he had them. He might be able to answer some questions for you

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...rlotte-nc.html
Old 06-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #4

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
I pm'd him I think his were steel and a different type but I consulted him either way he prob has more info than most.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm thinking right I believe they were the same wheels just silver. But he can tell you if they were or not. Good luck
Old 06-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
They were aluminum. Great wheels for the price. Only reason I changed was to get the scratch guards to protect the lip from the rocks. I think the Yuma is a very under appreciated wheel. I almost plasti dipped them black

Old 06-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #7

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
So if they are with a wider tire i.e. 285 on a 17x8 would the lip stick out to the point that they would get scratched easily on a curb or lite rocks/of road.

Also if I buy them matte black and coat them with a high gloss spray before mounting tires will it go from flat to gloss like I want? Granted I use the correct product.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
MadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P33Rob View Post
So if they are with a wider tire i.e. 285 on a 17x8 would the lip stick out to the point that they would get scratched easily on a curb or lite rocks/of road.

Also if I buy them matte black and coat them with a high gloss spray before mounting tires will it go from flat to gloss like I want? Granted I use the correct product.
Nah, you won't scratch em on curbs. I wheel in the rocks, so they took abuse from that. The 8" width is perfect with a 285.

You can paint any color you want. I would use wheel paint though if possible.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
NRA Endowment - Member
mwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwc273's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at the Yumas. Ended up going with Rebel Racing Saharas just because they had 'em in stock.
http://www.rebelracingwheels.com/ind...splay/55/truck
I would have had to wait for the Black Rocks...

Old 06-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
The Yumas look good. There is a thread on here about Yumas on a red truck and they seemed to fit OK. I considered them for my SR5 steelies but ended up buying some CL OEM alloys for $200.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #11

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the input. What would be better if I want them gloss black spray them with gloss black or coat them in high gloss both would be wheel paint by duplicolor prob but I am not going to rough the surface.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #12
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P33Rob View Post
Thanks for all the input. What would be better if I want them gloss black spray them with gloss black or coat them in high gloss both would be wheel paint by duplicolor prob but I am not going to rough the surface.
I'm confused. You say spray, or coat with Duplicolor? Coating wouldn't use paint at all, and is the much better way to go - but would add about $100 per wheel.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
The onmly problem i see is that the 4.25 inch center bore is slightly bigger than 106mm
4.17 vs. 4.25. Idk if this would be a problem or not i think the lug nuts would help center the wheel.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #14

P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToy View Post
I'm confused. You say spray, or coat with Duplicolor? Coating wouldn't use paint at all, and is the much better way to go - but would add about $100 per wheel.
I am talking about spraying with high gloss over the satin black finish not powder coating. Hopefully that is clear sorry for the confusion
Old 06-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #15
MadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDeLaPlaya View Post
The onmly problem i see is that the 4.25 inch center bore is slightly bigger than 106mm
4.17 vs. 4.25. Idk if this would be a problem or not i think the lug nuts would help center the wheel.
Not a problem. Most aftermarket wheels are lug centric. As long as you criss cross and evenly torque the lugs, they run perfect.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
mikesixtysix is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
mikesixtysix's Tacoma Gallery
really digging these...

http://www.tirepackage.com/Wheels/Bl...16&t_pl=103651

i have an 09 Tacoma with the 17" alloys, BFG AT T/A 265 70R17. Which bolt pattern do these have?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
TanderSON is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
TanderSON's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Black Rock 937s on my 2007 TRD Sport and really like them. Good quality - I had a good look over before they were installed. They fit just like stock but the centre caps to stick out a bit past the face of the wheel, not really beyond the tire though.

I know this is a different wheel than you're looking at but just thought I'd put my two cents in re: Black Rock.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #18
mad dog is on a distinguished road
mad dog's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to get those wheels at 4wheel.com however they r out of stock until 8/21/13,also at jegs .com was also waiting for orders on the same date for yuma.