Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Quiet A/T tire?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
FL TRD is on a distinguished road
FL TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quiet A/T tire?

Alright guys I've been running Goodyear wrangler authorities on my pre runner and they are a good tire but a little loud on high way driving that I do mostly. So I'm going to be getting some 17's and some 285 just for a nice stance and look but was wondering if there are any good A/T's that aren't to loud on the road I don't really do any off reading with the truck except in a little sand getting to atv trails. Any recommendations appreciated thanks
Old 06-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
Quiet tire

Been running Toyo Open Country A/T II "P" rating 245 75 R16.Quiet on the road,not bad on the highway.

later tig1
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Authorities on my Tacoma. I agree about the loudness. I'm currently running the Hercules Terra Trac A/T on my work truck. Absolute quietest all-terrain that I've ever used. I can't even hear them over the wind noise under the light bar.

My review of them here.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
If you are worried about noise from an A/T tire then you should probably go to a street tire. Or turn the radio up louder.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I got 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers and don't notice any noise at all from them.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
Ritchie is on a distinguished road
Ritchie's Tacoma Gallery
These are a nice A/T: http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...F119q+owl.html

Currently, I have 10K on them. They are quiet on the road and do well off-road. We do not get snow in San Diego so I have no experiences to offer.

Previously I had Pro-Comp and Nitto Terra Grapplers and these Generals are a much better tire IMO.

Later.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I have Nitto Terra Grapplers which are okay ( less road noise than the Good Year Wranglers I have on my Explorer), but still some noise.
Several friends have Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2 on their trucks and they all agree it's the least noisy of all the AT tires they have had. This will probably be my next set.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of Revo 2 on my 07 Sport and I hated them. They were great new but wore out after only 20K miles. And that includes rotating every 5K miles. I replaced them with Firestone Destination A/T which was probably the best tire I've owned. I just replaced my stock B/F's with a set of Cooper Discoverer AT/3 and so far so I love them. Completely changed the way the truck drives and rides and are pretty quiet for an all terrain tire.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
destination a/t arent bad and come in load range C
Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #10
Kornholio is on a distinguished road

Kornholio's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Duratracs have the "E13" european autostamp on the tires...which means that in order to have that stamp the tire had to have been tested running no more that .98 dBs. Which is extremely quite for an a/t tire. I have them personally and I do notice a slight hum, but only when I try to listen for it. When im jus driving around I cant here a thing
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #11
runner05 is on a distinguished road
Name: Karl
runner05's Tacoma Gallery
My vote is for Terra Grapplers, too. For an all-terrain tire, Grappler is relatively quiet on the highway.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Michelin A/T2 very quiet and smooth riding but not cheap
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
I'm A Grinder
pivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura aboutpivey14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Patrick
pivey14's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp All Terrain
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
dsrtne1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Falken Rocky Mountains (Discount Tire's version of the Wildpeak AT) and they are pretty quiet rolling down the road. I've got about 1,500 miles on them so far. No complaints yet.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Treadwright Guard dogs are super quiet

jk they scream at you
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Loved my 285 duratracs they were very quiet.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts aren't loud at all.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacOffRoad11 View Post
I had a set of Revo 2 on my 07 Sport and I hated them. They were great new but wore out after only 20K miles. And that includes rotating every 5K miles. I replaced them with Firestone Destination A/T which was probably the best tire I've owned. I just replaced my stock B/F's with a set of Cooper Discoverer AT/3 and so far so I love them. Completely changed the way the truck drives and rides and are pretty quiet for an all terrain tire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaman29 View Post
I like the Michelin A/T2 very quiet and smooth riding but not cheap
x2

Stay away from the Revo 2s, I just replaced my set tonight with Michelin LTX AT2s. My Revos only had 31K miles on them and were about shot and I rotated them between 5-7K miles.

The Michelins aren't cheap I got my set for $835 installed with Road Hazard from Costco. The good thing is Michelin is running a $70 rebate, but if you order them from Costco.com, they give you the $70 off your price, no need to mail and wait for a rebate card.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #19
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I still think my duratracs are loud, but i have never ran a MT. Firestone destination A/T are very quiet and have good road manners, not the best off road tire though.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM