Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

2012 Baja "How big" can I go???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #21
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran88hi View Post
The 265s just aren't big enough. I just traded in my access cab that I had done the Truxx level on and loved the height. I had the 285/75 R16s on it. It wasn't too much but just right.
How are they not big enough when it's mostly the biggest size you can go without fitting . 285's normally require fitting . You won't see any gain going from a 265 to 285
Old 06-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #22
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
How are they not big enough when it's mostly the biggest size you can go without fitting . 285's normally require fitting . You won't see any gain going from a 265 to 285
If tire size really makes that big of a difference to you and it doesnt seem like you're super into the quality of a lift... Why not go DB 6" lol
Old 06-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
Bran88hi is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Bran88hi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm afraid if I put the 285s on they will catch on the flare and do some damage. I really don't know what to do at this point. I love the Baja but I just want the truck to sit a little higher.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #24
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Three options.
1. Scrap the entire lift, Sell and purchase a 6" Fabtech and have no worries of rubbing.
2. Scrap the entire lift, Get serious and buy Kings or icons and a leaf pack and have no worries.
3. Live with 265s until you are ready to make choice number 1 or 2.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #25
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
from what I understand, the biggest tire size on stock factory suspension is 265/75/16. its about an inch bigger than 265/70/16. so why not go with 265/75/16 to avoid cutting and trimming to fit a 285 tire? honestly on stock suspension a 285 would be over kill and would slam into the top of the fender if you beat on your truck i would think? a 285 is a 33'' tire and i would think that there would only be about 2-3 inches or so between them and the top of the fender.

so to avoid the hassle like i mentioned just run the 265/75/16 until you're ready to lift your truck after its paid off and the warrantee expires
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #26

The Baja comes with close to 2 inches lift in the front and like an inch in the back. Wouldn't the spacers make the ride something like 4-5 inches in the front? I bought the truck for the suspension and appearance and if I'm just going to screw it up I guess I will just tell the dealership to send the tires back.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #27
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Baja comes with close to 2 inches lift in the front and like an inch in the back. Wouldn't the spacers make the ride something like 4-5 inches in the front? I bought the truck for the suspension and appearance and if I'm just going to screw it up I guess I will just tell the dealership to send the tires back.
for you 285s will work since you're adding a spacer to the already lifted suspension... the OP is wanting to fit 285s with out adding any modification to the suspension
Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #28

Because this looks pretty sweet regardless of what I end up doing

Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #29
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
This is frustrating... Seriously, why did you guys buy the baja? Honest answer please
Old 06-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
3" and 35s or gtfo
Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #31

Because the dealer gave me 20k for an 07 sport access cab that I had. I ended up getting every kind of warranty imaginable and still got the truck for 34k. So why not get it? Its not like Toyota is going to make 1000s of them.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #32
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Because the dealer gave me 20k for an 07 sport access cab that I had. I ended up getting every kind of warranty imaginable and still got the truck for 34k. So why not get it? Its not like Toyota is going to make 1000s of them.
Just seems like such a waste if your going to change all the lift components. You could have saved that much extra on an SR5 and did all the mods you want. Whatever I guess, your truck. But they are sick the way they are. If they made them in a LB I would have snagged one and called it a day! I always stop by my local dealer to drool over your wheels! Haha sick ride regardless
Old 06-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can't lift the front past 3". It just doesn't work.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #34

All I want to do is put a spacer on the front and block the back but I cannot seem to get any good information. I had a thread in the new users but nobody seems to want to help out. I keep getting its a waste, or whats the point? I just really want to know if it will work. Apparently the ReadyLIFT leveling kit that the dealer is recommending will not void the warranty. I'm at a loss. The truck is definitely awesome the way it is now. Just curious on how it would look with 33s on it. I guess I will be the guinea pig. Here is my old Taco with just a Truxxx leveling kit on it. The 33s fit fine.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #35
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All I want to do is put a spacer on the front and block the back but I cannot seem to get any good information. I had a thread in the new users but nobody seems to want to help out. I keep getting its a waste, or whats the point? I just really want to know if it will work. Apparently the ReadyLIFT leveling kit that the dealer is recommending will not void the warranty. I'm at a loss. The truck is definitely awesome the way it is now. Just curious on how it would look with 33s on it. I guess I will be the guinea pig. Here is my old Taco with just a Truxxx leveling kit on it. The 33s fit fine.

Spindles
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #36
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:

The spacers are a touchy subject on here... Not many good things to say. I don't know the exact setup up front on your baja but a spacer will cause issues unless you are 100% highway. If you really want to get it higher I would change your setup... Seriously though keep what you have
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #37
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Yall are going to scrap a suspension thats bad ass the way it is w/your chinchy ass blocks and spacers all for the sake of 1" more of tire. Go get a ford or something if you want something to screw up.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #38
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Spindles
Dude just get top plate spacers from toytech or wheelers then get some 285/70/16 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's. they are as wide as a 33 but are not as tall. Those should fit easy. Or you could try to put some tall skinny bfg km2's 255/85/16
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtacoma88 View Post
Dude just get top plate spacers from toytech or wheelers then get some 285/70/16 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's. they are as wide as a 33 but are not as tall. Those should fit easy. Or you could try to put some tall skinny bfg km2's 255/85/16
Thank you for being the first to give some decent advice.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #40
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you for being the first to give some decent advice.
No problem! I would be careful with getting any 3" lift because if you put that on top of the 2" lift the baja already provides then techenicly you would have 5" of lift in the front from a stock tacoma. right? and that would put so much stress on your cv's and your UCA's would be at an unbearable angle. I might be missing something but that's why I would only get 1/2" top plate spacers. That would give you enough room for slightly larger tires.