Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wanting to do 33s

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Wanting to do 33s

I really am starting to want 33" tires. Mud tires preferably like the Mud grappler. As of now I have stock lift so I know I can't fit those. Which mud tire do you recommend?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking for a specific brand of mud tire or size less then 33"?? I heard the Nitto Trail Grapplers are pretty darn good and the price isnt to bad.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Are you looking for a specific brand of mud tire or size less then 33"?? I heard the Nitto Trail Grapplers are pretty darn good and the price isnt to bad.
Size wise I'm sure I want 33s. It's a good beefy size tire IMO for tacos. I do like TGs but if I could, I would like to have the mud grapplers.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 33-12.5-17 nitto mud grapplers. Click on my build link I have a some good pics with them on page 9 and 10. They are a good looking tire. They are heavy as shit though very loud at highway speeds too. But off road they are superb, I air down to 15psi and do great with that huge foot print...
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
Size wise I'm sure I want 33s. It's a good beefy size tire IMO for tacos. I do like TGs but if I could, I would like to have the mud grapplers.
Yeah 33"s are a nice sized tire. I heard the mud grapplers life span arent to great on blacktop but I could be wrong.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I have the 33-12.5-17 nitto mud grapplers. Click on my build link I have a some good pics with them on page 9 and 10. They are a good looking tire. They are heavy as shit though very loud at highway speeds too. But off road they are superb, I air down to 15psi and do great with that huge foot print...
How are they longevity wise?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Twat did you say?
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So far so good. I bought them used and have had them for 6 months... Good tire but in all honesty I want to downsize to 285 duratracs or 255 km2's after these wear out...
Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #8

Quote:
but do you think yours might be a little defferent considering yours is a second gen and mines a early first gen as far as clearence goes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Yeah 33"s are a nice sized tire. I heard the mud grapplers life span arent to great on blacktop but I could be wrong.
yeah i could see why theyre not haha. but the design of the tire is tough looking!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
Twat did you say?

Quote:
but do you think yours might be a little defferent considering yours is a second gen and mines a early first gen as far as clearence goes?

Nothing some trimming, cutting and a BFH can't fix
Old 06-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Nothing some trimming, cutting and a BFH can't fix
haha true! if i end up going through with this, i know my dad will be kinda mad at me for spending all my money on my truck, but damn will it look good!

anyway, how much lift do you have to clear those 33s?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Twat did you say?

Just shy of 2.5. I cut and trimmed my fender flares and cut and beat back the pinch weld. Still need to do the cmc when I get time. I only rub when I'm fully flexed and turning to the driver side.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Just shy of 2.5. I cut and trimmed my fender flares and cut and beat back the pinch weld. Still need to do the cmc when I get time. I only rub when I'm fully flexed and turning to the driver side.
so you think a 3 inch lift should be pretty much good for clearing 33" tires? cause im looking in to the OME complete lift kit. it seems to be the only one just under 1,000
Old 06-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so you think a 3 inch lift should be pretty much good for clearing 33" tires? cause im looking in to the OME complete lift kit. it seems to be the only one just under 1,000
With trimming and cutting unless you run 255/85(80?)/16
Old 06-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
Twat did you say?

Quote:
It'll be close you might have to trim anyway, these are big tires lol. Also keep in mind the offset and backspace of your wheels are important too.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Twat did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
With trimming and cutting unless you run 255/85(80?)/16
255/85/16 or 255/80/17
Old 06-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
I can't remember what thread it was in, but the bfg km2 (which I have on my 1st gen) in 255/85/16 are really @ 34.5 inches tall. With ome 883 coils in a 4cyl std cab I rub the frame at full lock. This is with stock rim offset. [ATTACH]217261
Attached Thumbnails
Wanting to do 33s-uploadfromtaptalk1370982175157.jpg  
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #17
yota90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alejandro
yota90's Tacoma Gallery
33' go for it but you have to do 3 inch lift and some trimming to the pinch weld so it wouldn't rub for 1 gen
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #18
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
255/85/16 or 255/80/17
Thanks, couldnt remember haha
Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
Twat did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
I can't remember what thread it was in, but the bfg km2 (which I have on my 1st gen) in 255/85/16 are really @ 34.5 inches tall. With ome 883 coils in a 4cyl std cab I rub the frame at full lock. This is with stock rim offset. [ATTACH]217261
With all the thread I've read, I've never heard that a 255/85/16 is almost a 35 inch tire...
Old 06-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #20

Quote:
With all the thread I've read, I've never heard that a 255/85/16 is almost a 35 inch tire...
This