Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Need A Good Highway Tire!

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
mrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbadwrench is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mrbadwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Need A Good Highway Tire!

Hey guys.

I need an all season highway tire. I don't want to spend a LOT of money so super high end tires are probably out (Aka Michelin LTX, Continental VancoFourSeason, etc).

This is for the stock 4x4 size, 245-75-R16. Toyota specs standard load index (109S) so I don't need anything with crazy ply numbers either.

These are some of the tires I have been considering:

Quote:
General Grabber HTS- LT tire, 120S, BW, 45K/6 yrs. manufacturer defect: $105 each
General Grabber AW- 109S, BW, 6 yrs manu. defect: $59.29 each
Yokohama Geolander- 109S, OWL, 60K/5 yrs. manu. defect: $89.83 each
Dunlop GrandTrek- 109S, BW, 60K/6 yrs. manu. defect: $69.76 each
I am on the fence about the last one, the GrandTrek, since those came with the truck from the factory and in my opinion their performance was only average. The price is good though.

So can I do better than those GrandTreks?

Of the others I'm considering, in your opinions, are any actually good? If not, are there others I should consider?

The Grabber HTS is an LRR tire so it would give me a small MPG boost. But LRR tires have harder rubber compounds so I'm unsure that it would be okay in the winter.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i had geolanders on my dodge and i liked them.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I went with AT type in standard size245 75 16. Much better than stock dunlops. I did get c load ( more side wall ply). Hercules terra trac. Not a highway tire but good on highway and very safe in snowy weather (stock size 245 better for snow than wider, AT better traction off road and snow).

I have run mine for 40,000 mile with plenty of life left. I like the Hercules and might go with 215 85 16 when I replace it not sure yet.

Trade off of traction, weight, cost.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I have Hankook Ventus A/S (all seasons) on mine and theyre a great tire. Super quiet, great warranty, great when wet, and can still handle mud But they are 255/60-18's Need A Good Highway Tire!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370999642.573158.jpg
Need A Good Highway Tire!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370999659.356502.jpgNeed A Good Highway Tire!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1370999675.464675.jpg
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.michelin.ca/tire-selector...r/tire-details

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Products Discussed in this Thread