Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Bronze TRD Sport Wheels on Pyrite Mica 2nd Gen

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
Bronze TRD Sport Wheels on Pyrite Mica 2nd Gen

Alright, so I'm considering painting/plasti-dipping my 17" TRD Sport wheels. I like the look of them in flat black, but am really taking a liking to bronze wheels. Not gold wheels or even light bronze, but bronze to dark bronze. Anyone have any pics of a 2nd gen DCSB w/ bronze 17" TRD Sport wheels painted/dipped/powdercoated bronze? What do you think about dark bronze wheels on a pyrite mica?

I was considering this color: http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct....181&sid=249131
OR
http://youtu.be/rOtQ320LzyY
OR
Duplicolor HWP105 http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheelCoating/

Thoughts?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Check my build. Might not be the exact shade of bronze you're looking for, but it may give you an idea of how it looks.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
west by god
nickaz30 is on a distinguished road

nickaz30's Tacoma Gallery

I too have the same question...I have a 09 sport pyrite...I've tried all black and this ..I too like bronze trds but the $$$$$
Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
west by god

Also...Beepee....what wheels are those?.... I eventually want my truck to have the same lift and stance....what's the specs?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaz30 View Post
I too have the same question...I have a 09 sport pyrite...I've tried all black and this ..I too like bronze trds but the $$$$$
Your wheels just black? If I can't convince myself to go totally bronze, I may got with a light anthracite/gunmetal with black TRD center caps.

Anybody have any product recommendations for both anthracite and bronze spray paint, for wheels?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #7
west by god

Just black...never tried to bronze with plasty dip....if u do plasty dip..clean wheels very well...I may redo mine. It will bubble up where dirt, brake dust...etc is. To do right takes alot of patience and time and beer...
Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #8

Well looks like I need to find a single sport wheel for really cheap and just try it. Use that wheel as my full size spare... Anyone have a single wheel they'd be willing to part with cheap? Can be in not the best shape...
Old 06-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
west by god

Just ordered 17 konig six shooters in bronze....thanks for the idea beepee.....I'll post picks.... bronze on pyrite is nice
Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #10

bronze on pyrite is nice! now who is willing to send a sport alloy to get bronzed?
Old 06-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just ordered 17 konig six shooters in bronze....thanks for the idea beepee.....I'll post picks.... bronze on pyrite is nice
Nice, those will look great. Looking forward to the pics.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
west by god

Soon
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #13

Quote:

Soon
Looks awesome!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
west by god

Finally got them on...got durateacks as well......that's for the idea beepee your truck has a cousin on the east coast...minus 6 inch lift of course.... going to o the center cap mod later...
Old 07-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #15

BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Finally got them on...got durateacks as well......that's for the idea beepee your truck has a cousin on the east coast...minus 6 inch lift of course.... going to o the center cap mod later...
Those look FANTASTIC! That bronze is damn near a perfect match to pyrite mica, a bit darker than the BFDs. Looks really good, we've got the coasts covered .
Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
Those look FANTASTIC! That bronze is damn near a perfect match to pyrite mica, a bit darker than the BFDs. Looks really good, we've got the coasts covered .
Yeah that bronze looks really good w/ pyrite mica. I can't seem to find a bronze paint that has that same color/finish and am thinking that bronze on the sport wheels will be just too much bronze surface area. So I'm going with a medium graphite finish on my TRD Sport alloys. I've got a few extra wheels so I'll paint one of them bronze and post it up here just so people can get an idea of what it looks like.
Thanks for all your opinions and photos!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #17
HHogrider will become famous soon enough

Army: SFC, Field Artillery
Name: Mark
HHogrider's Tacoma Gallery
Those do look awesome guys. Anyone seen the SCS Stealth 6 in bronze on pyrite?