Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

E vs C

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
E vs C

Buying new tires within next two weeks, unfortunately there are not a lot of load range "C" tires in size 265/75r16, seems like the only aggressive tire offered is the goodyear duratrac

bfg ta/ko is load range "E" only in same size

Am I stuck getting duratracs or will load range bfg ta/ko in "E" not be too awful (ride, mileage, etc)?

I would prefer to get bfg ta/ko because of the solid white letters
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
Buying new tires within next two weeks, unfortunately there are not a lot of load range "C" tires in size 265/75r16, seems like the only aggressive tire offered is the goodyear duratrac

bfg ta/ko is load range "E" only in same size

Am I stuck getting duratracs or will load range bfg ta/ko in "E" not be too awful (ride, mileage, etc)?

I would prefer to get bfg ta/ko because of the solid white letters

Aggressive a/t with white letter option in load range C u want?

u can also get the goodyear wrangler Authority in LT265/75/16, Load range "C".

I prefer white letters in due to oxidation, wear, and cleaning so I cant get u pics of MY tires white letters out, but I found a pic online.

BFG ta KO are an old design.........try the tracs or authorities

I see absolutely no reason for load range "E" on our trucks unless u need severe sidewall strength for sharp rocks..... Even then, I have taken chunks out of my rims being pulled halfway up a landslide of extremely sharp rocks.....I had load range "C" destinations, and I had zero sidewall tears/gouges at all. I dont know how, maybe it was luck.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wow I didn't know the authority existed, sick looking tire, thanks!

btw sic signature
Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #4
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-W...75R16/11983160
Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #5

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow I didn't know the authority existed, sick looking tire, thanks!

btw sic signature
ur welcome.......I fried my destination at's and got these.
awesome tire so far.....I used to sell/install/repair tires.

and thanks again

C.M.F.T.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
METAL!

do they still make the authority? it's not on goodyear website, having a hard time finding them online fs
Old 06-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do they still make the authority? it's not on goodyear website, having a hard time finding them online fs
it may be a walmart special

just like winchester white box ammo, etc
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
METAL!

ahhh the white box good luck finding it nowadays ha!

yea it seems to be a walmart special, only 166$ per tire, damn i may have to get these
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #9

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahhh the white box good luck finding it nowadays ha!

yea it seems to be a walmart special, only 166$ per tire, damn i may have to get these
Ive heard a lot of good things, and I like the center tread (face) better than the duratracs honestly..... But I like the shoulder blocks of the duratracs, they are ever so larger...... But I dont mud, so I dont need side bite

as for WWB...........I may or may not have jumped on board back when it was $22 for a box of 100rnds of 45 auto 235gr

BTW, theres TONS of "house brand" tires around that have served ppl well
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.treadwright.com/p-92-265...-warden-c.aspx

there you go.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #11
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up some 265/75/16 c kelly safari tsr's from online tire for $159 each I believe.

Edit: $157

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...+tsr++bsl.html
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ingot the BFG in E as that's all they came in... Ride is fine, mpg loss is minor and expected with bigger rims and tires... They look and ride amazing