About to pull the trigger on some 295's, need some advice

View Poll Results: BFG AT KO's or General Grabber AT2's
BFG's 8 80.00%
General Grabber AT2 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
About to pull the trigger on some 295's, need some advice

Okay so I've been running BFG AT KO's for 2 years now in 285/75/16 and i want something a little bigger. My front set up is OME 886's with 5100's at 0" and and ARB bumper with warn 8000lb winch. I dont rub at all with the 285's and never have, most people are shocked when i tell them that theyre 285's because they look so small in the wheel well. im pretty sure im getting like 3.25-3.5" of lift since im a prerunner, but im still a little nervous about the 295's because I dont want to do the CMC at all. Are there any kind of measurements i can take to figure out if theyll rub? as i understand it, the 295's are 33.6-33.8" tall and 11.6" wide, would that small of an increase up from the 285's be a problem? here's a pic of the space i've got. (im not worried about the rear at all)

edit: gonna go with the grabbers or BFG's again, leaning towards the grabbers because of the price and theyre about half an inch larger than the BFG's. so i might just get 285/75/16 grabber AT2's because theyre a 33.1 where the BFG's are a 32.8, or should i go with the 295's which are a 33.6 or the BFG's which are a 33.2
Old 06-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

About to pull the trigger on some 295's, need some advice-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371158463.332866.jpgAbout to pull the trigger on some 295's, need some advice-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371158480.229385.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Go Pro Junkie

bump
Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it. Should work
Old 06-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
You may need todo the Cmc/ plus trimming
yeah thats what im afraid of, i really want to test fit some 295's on the front but idk if tire shops do that haha, might have to call up a buddy with 295's on his 4runner and get him to let me try his out just to see
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
Okay so I've been running BFG AT KO's for 2 years now in 285/75/16 and i want something a little bigger. My front set up is OME 886's with 5100's at 0" and and ARB bumper with warn 8000lb winch. I dont rub at all with the 285's and never have, most people are shocked when i tell them that theyre 285's because they look so small in the wheel well. im pretty sure im getting like 3.25-3.5" of lift since im a prerunner, but im still a little nervous about the 295's because I dont want to do the CMC at all. Are there any kind of measurements i can take to figure out if theyll rub? as i understand it, the 295's are 33.6-33.8" tall and 11.6" wide, would that small of an increase up from the 285's be a problem? here's a pic of the space i've got. (im not worried about the rear at all)
How did you get to understand they are 33.8" x 11.6"? The specs for the BFG 295/75r16 AT KO are listed as 33.2" x 11.5" and the only way to possibly avoid rubbing is to never run a caster correcting UCA with those tires. I'm running a wider tire than your 295 BFG... a 285 Nitto Trail grappler, which is about the same height (just .05" shorter) and the CMC was not an option with replacement UCA.

And no that is not a typo... that 285 is wider than your 295. The reason tire calculators are worthless.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
How did you get to understand they are 33.8" x 11.6"? The specs for the BFG 295/75r16 AT KO are listed as 33.2" x 11.5" and the only way to possibly avoid rubbing is to never run a caster correcting UCA with those tires. I'm running a wider tire than your 295 BFG... a 285 Nitto Trail grappler, which is about the same height (just .05" shorter) and the CMC was not an option with replacement UCA.

And no that is not a typo... that 285 is wider than your 295. The reason tire calculators are worthless.
The BFG's run small
Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #9
Go Pro Junkie

bumparooski
Old 08-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered 275/70R16... and those are way too small on a +3" lift.
Hit up the shop and they are ordering me a bigger size, going with
the 295/75's. I know trimming will happen and I know I might hit the
UCA's. Easy fix should be wheel spacers, but I'm also looking into new UCA's
so if your still needing help, they will be in this weekend I will post pics when
that happens.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I got them on just fine. Trimmed away a little in the front.

They both stuff in the wheel well really good. Really nice fit.
I rub the Upper A-Arm but its not big deal. I love the look 100x better.

Good luck
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
NICK
sn0b0rdr is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
sn0b0rdr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm runnin the 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers with my Icon extended coilovers and Camburg UCA's, They barely rub when I'm fully turned one way or another.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
255/85/16
Old 09-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
255/85/16
yea that's the way to go.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Thats my next. Love my 285 KM2's but I like the benifits of the skinnier/taller tire.