Notices

Need help picking tires

View Poll Results: Which ones
Hankook Dynapro MT 7 63.64%
Goodyear MT/R Kevlar 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Need help picking tires

I've got it down to Goodyear MT/R Kevlars and Hankook MT's. I like both and have heard great reviews about both. Cost wise the kooks are about $200 cheaper for 5. Size is 285/75/16.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend that's had his kooks on his lifted Tacoma for close to 50k miles and they still look good. But I have also seen quite a few people with the kevlars and they look good but I don't know about tread life.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
I've got it down to Goodyear MT/R Kevlars and Hankook MT's. I like both and have heard great reviews about both. Cost wise the kooks are about $200 cheaper for 5. Size is 285/75/16.
I love my hankooks. I have the 265's right now but since the lift I'm contemplating 285 dynapros. They are amazing in the sand and I love them while in rear wheel drive in the snow. Really cant complain. The cheaper price is just a bonus.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'd run either but if theres that much of a cost difference, hands down the dynapros.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I'd run either but if theres that much of a cost difference, hands down the dynapros.
1030 for kooks, 1208.05 for mtr.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper AT3.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
1030 for kooks, 1208.05 for mtr.
Where did you find 5 Hankooks for $1k? I think they will be my next tire.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Where did you find 5 Hankooks for $1k? I think they will be my next tire.
discount tire direct ebay. they arent on there right now, i guess the listing ran out and havent re-posted.

edit: they have 7% off sales (the mtr price included $80 rebate and the 7% off) usually every 4 days or every other week
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #9
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
I would wait for 4th of July weekend tho. I'm sure there will be some good deals. That's what I'm waiting for.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
I would wait for 4th of July weekend tho. I'm sure there will be some good deals. That's what I'm waiting for.
yeah i dont have the money right this second anyway but would like to not make this a last minute decision.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
found this thread very helpful considering its east coast terrain. http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t1819-...hlight=hankook

edit: another thread, quite concerning for the kooks. http://forum.ncfjcruisers.com/t1404-...-mt-rt03-tires
Old 06-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I have stock size Hankooks ATM's. it's a very good tire and would recommend them to anyone. I'm only guessing that the MT would be as good? I've had good luck with dynapro, so that's my vote.

I put my lift on about a month ago and when I get the $ I'm gonna go up in size. My choices are either dynapro hankook MT or the BFG KM2's. if you end up getting the Hankooks, post back on here and let us know how you like them!