Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Firestone Destination A/T Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination A/T Tires

Thinking of getting a set of 265/75/16's for my '06 4x4 access cab.

Anyone have good or bad experiences?
Old 06-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy had them on his tundra. They were fine
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
lyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud of

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
I've always heard good things bout those tires, I have the cooper discover AT3's on my 06 TRD Sport and they are very nice, good grip wet and dry... Not been in snow or mud yet with them...
Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
gtonic is on a distinguished road
Name: Terry
gtonic's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/70/16's on a 2013 access cab. Very little noise, good ride. Stable at 80 mph. Mounted on American Racing AR898's.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Not phenomenal, but a good all-around tire. Had them on my wife's SUV and we got 76k out of them. They were exceptionally noisy toward the end of their life, but that was partly the vehicle's fault.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i have them, not good in mud or deep snow. but all around good tire.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
Burnt C6 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Burnt C6's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my 06. They got me out of a nice situation in the snow while in Kansas City. They were pretty new and walked out of the snow real nice. It wasn't deep but the other vehicles were sliding around. They ride nice and since I have the front end shake issue Firestone has never questioned me having them balance them every 5000 miles or so.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
CLanholm is on a distinguished road

Name: Chuck
CLanholm's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my Chevy Blazer and I loved them. When I need tires for my Tacoma i will most likely buy them.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
MyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyTacosBetter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Angie
MyTacosBetter's Tacoma Gallery
I've put over 50,000 miles on mine without any problems. Got me to and from the mountain many times, no issues. Many say the MT's have sidewall issues but I've never had a pop or a leak and I'll drive over damn near anything. Sandbags + 4x4 taco = never chained up. They were great new, my ex bf even bought a set. Work well in light snow or ice, okay in mud but could be better, and in their later years they slide in 1st in wet conditions if I lay on the gas too much. Overall, A+ tho cuz of reliability, smooth ride, decently agressive tread, firestone free balance & rotate 4 life and I got a great deal awhile back on a full set. Might buy again but I want to see what else new is out there.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I liked them, I have 65k miles on mine. (My 2nd gen has them) They might have more, they were on the truck when I bought it. I rotated them ONCE at 38k miles and haven't done it ever since.

But they still have decent tread left. Maybe another 5k miles left. They would of lasted longer if I rotated them, and my alignment recently went to shit so the insides are wearing. Time for new tires. Thinking about the Cooper AT3, even though the destinations did really well for me. I am not sure yet.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #12
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. There is a set on CL for $550 new from a private seller. He must have bought them online, decided he didn't want them and not willing to pay return shipping. His asking price is same as tirerack.com so maybe he got them there. I've I buy from him I'd at least be spared the shipping cost.