Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper STT or Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac?

View Poll Results: Cooper STT or Duratracs? Wich do y'all like better OVERALL
Cooper STT 16 42.11%
Duratrac 22 57.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Willnmoore is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
Willnmoore's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper STT or Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac?

Which one would y'all choose?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willnmoore View Post
Which one would y'all choose?
Depends on what u goin to be doin. Driving on the road alot? What kind of offroadin? If any.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
GNAR Member
EVE Designs will become famous soon enoughEVE Designs will become famous soon enough

Name: Craig
EVE Designs's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the cooper. It seemed a little more aggressive to me. And the price was better.

Cooper STT or Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371401692.981533.jpg
Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Had both and would never run the Cooper again after having the Duratracs. I did not have the Coopers on my Taco. They were on the old 4X4 I had.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
I only do daily driving and light trails every now and then. I'm planning on doing heavier stuff when I get my lift though. I was just wondering what y'alls opinion was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
Had both and would never run the Cooper again after having the Duratracs. I did not have the Coopers on my Taco. They were on the old 4X4 I had.
Why? What is so much better about the duratracs. if you don't mind me asking
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=Willnmoore;7036673]I only do daily driving and light trails every now and then. I'm planning on doing heavier stuff when I get my lift though. I was just wondering what y'alls opinion was.
id go with duratrac then
Old 06-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think these two line up head to head very well.

One is a pretty agressive all terrain, the other a mud terrain.

Cooper STT vs MT/R kevlar or Authority sure

Cooper ST (c) vs Duratrac sure

Cooper ST Maxx vs duratrac sure

Personally I think all those tires are great so I'd decide what you're after, an agressive all terrain or a mud terrain and then price em out. If you find all else to be equal make a decision based on price maybe.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
My thoughts are, Georgia has limited trails and every time I've been out it's either been sandy or nasty red clay, everything slicks up but MTs probably faire a little better. HOWEVER, since you're not running too many hard trails you'd probably be better off with one of the other tires I listed. Especially considering how much rain you get, an all terrain will do better on wet roads than those mud terrains. I'd rather compromise on off road ability than on road unless I was running a lot of trails, rain aside -- road noise, braking, mpg...

I used to live in Augusta fwiw.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
My thoughts are, Georgia has limited trails and every time I've been out it's either been sandy or nasty red clay, everything slicks up but MTs probably faire a little better. HOWEVER, since you're not running too many hard trails you'd probably be better off with one of the other tires I listed. Especially considering how much rain you get, an all terrain will do better on wet roads than those mud terrains.
^ listen to this man
Old 06-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
Thank y'all so much for your help. I really appreciate it!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
HKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really niceHKRunner is just really nice
Marines: Devil Dog Extraordinaire
Name: Cameron
HKRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
My thoughts are, Georgia has limited trails and every time I've been out it's either been sandy or nasty red clay, everything slicks up but MTs probably faire a little better. HOWEVER, since you're not running too many hard trails you'd probably be better off with one of the other tires I listed. Especially considering how much rain you get, an all terrain will do better on wet roads than those mud terrains. I'd rather compromise on off road ability than on road unless I was running a lot of trails, rain aside -- road noise, braking, mpg...

I used to live in Augusta fwiw.
im also from Augusta and there are PLENTY of dry forest and logging roads where an all terrain will kick ass and take names - but you will eventually find mud.

i had the Duratracs (C Range) for about 15,000 miles. im now running the hankook mtr (D range) and they are a way better performing tire imho. they are a about the same road noise and just a lil heavier then then the Duratracs.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I had STT's for my first set of tires. Loved them. But make sure you rotate them alot. I was able to get 50k miles out of them. I have duratracs on a work truck at my job, hate them. Loud and ugly looking... STT FTW!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #13
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the cooper st and it is a great tire. Good price compared to others, they ride great do have some road noise but I like it. Deep tread too
Old 06-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say for sharp rocks and mud, the STTs would be what you want.

For daily driving, smooth rock (like at Moab) and packed snow/ice, the Duratracs would be what you want.

Overall, the Coopers are harder core with bigger voids and tougher sidewalls. Where the Duratracs are more civil, have more rubber touching the road and have smaller voids...