1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel & Tire clearance...

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TRDnAZ, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Feb 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    TRDnAZ

TRDnAZ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Desert Sand Mica
    Question: Is there a website out there that were you can “experiment with different wheel and tire combinations and tell you whether or not that combination will or will not clear your suspension, wheel wells and fenders with say 2.5” to 6” lift? I looking for a site similar to http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

This website is pretty good for the wheel and tire combo comparison, but there is no option to input your amount of lift info. Is there a website out there? If not man there should be. Maybe a good suggestion to send to the lift kit manufacturers. Sure would eliminate the “guessing” game.

2. Feb 26, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    abnranger80

abnranger80 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Waynesville NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    ARB Bumper, M8000 Warn, 6" Procomp lift, 17" procomp wheels, 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ, King Coilovers.
    I just ordered a Procomp 2.5" leveling kit for mine im looking for the same thing and havent been able to find the biggest tire i can run without rubbing or minor rubbing if u find out before i do let me know but im still looking. thanks

3. Feb 27, 2009 at 1:58 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Haven't seen/heard of a site like that. Usually all of the lift manufacturers will post the recommended tire size on X wheel size with X amount of backspace in the info for their kit. Check the manufacturers site.

4. Dec 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM
    Santi

Santi Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Santiago
    Baja, MEXICO
    Vehicle:
    2005 4WD TRD Off Road Tacoma 6 Spd Short Bed
    JBA headers, TRD exhaust system, Air Aid Throttle Boady Spacer, AFE Cold Air Intake, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okole seat covers, I-pod jack, Tuffy steel bed tool box, SUNGtop Camper Shell, ARB high output air compressor, Total Chaos UCA´s, BILSTEIN heigth adjustable shocks.
    Hello I wonder if any body has installed 17x8 Robby Gordon Wheels in a 2005 + TRD Off Road Double 4WD Toyota Tacoma, Do you know if is there issues about caliper clearance???

Thanks and any information is always welcome.

Santi

Products Discussed in

To Top