Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Beadlock question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
xazxinfamous will become famous soon enough
xazxinfamous's Tacoma Gallery
Beadlock question

hey guys i have a 2012 taco 4x4 and am wondering what options of beadlock wheels would fit on my truck without needing a lift. I am looking for something black to match my white truck. Some advice on some tire sizes would be cool too i am looking to get rid of my stock rims and tires asap.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
anybody know how big size of tire i can go without hitting without a lift?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
why do you want beadlocks?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
You can't answer a question with a question. Lol
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing he's talking about faux bead locks for looks...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can give advice is my question is answered however. And maybe save him a huge head ache.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
sorry for such a shitty post and not defining myself guys. lol But i am looking for some matte black wheels maybe 17s or 16s and was wondering how big of tire and rim combo i can go without a lift. =)
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #9

sooooo a beadlock yes or no?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Assuming you're willing to remove mudflaps, most folks find they can get away with the following slightly oversize combination:

17x8 4.5" backspacing rim 0mm offset
265/70R17 tire

Your mileage may vary, so deal with a local dealer who's willing to take 'em back and try a different size if it doesn't work out.