1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Needs some opinions on these FJ wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by HaPPyCaMPer, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jun 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :woot:

Nice score bro!!! :D

2. Jun 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation
    Vehicle:
    19 - GX-460
    Yes, these are legit and here is are pics. Just had them delivered a few weeks ago.

The trick is you will need to provide them with a VIN from an 07 FJ SE. I tried ordering them back in December and when they asked for a VIN I gave them my truck. My order was voided without any details. So after researching this great site I find out that Toyota put a stop on these wheels and require an FJ 07 SE VIN. I guess Toyota only wanted these on the FJ SE and not on anything else.

So when I placed the order again I received another email indicating they needed a VIN. Now after researching I knew what VIN they wanted. I already had a VIN from an eBay FJ SE 2007 that was listed earlier this year. I supplied the VIN...a week later my wheels were delivered. I guess the only bummer was in December when I ordered (and then voided) shipping was only 80 bucks. Shipping doubled when I ordered them again this month. Wheels are the same price, but nearly a hundred more total with shipping.

I don't feel dishonest (that much)...as their email only indicated they wanted a VIN. They didn't specify my VIN...just a VIN.

Still deciding on Goodyear Silent Armor or something else. My Nitto's only lasted 25K and are pretty scary when wet.

Looking forward to getting them on here shortly.

But to get back to the original question, ToyotaPartsZone is legit and the attached pics are the hard to get FJ SE wheels.

Hope that helps

IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jul 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    KYTacoma

KYTacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    12 MGM DC Sport TRD
    After reading the previous post, I thought as a last ditch effort I would give it a try, as some others probably did as well. Placed the order for 4 wheels and was asked to provide a VIN. Did this and waited. Week later get another request for pictures of damaged wheels,or, if stolen, proof from insurance company. It is quite obvious that Toyota has closed pretty much every avenue to obtain these wheels unless some has an inside source with them. Really wanted the anthracite wheels but I have went ahead and placed an order through a dealer for the black versions, which I just found out are in. Toyota must have determined that it is not profitable to make more of them to sell to the general public based on the demand, which appears to be pretty good. The black ones will look pretty good too on my MGM Taco, and I imagine they will soon be hard to get once supplies dwindle down some more.

Products Discussed in

To Top