Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Recent Tire poll

View Poll Results: Which tires do you prefer, running, or will run next???
BF Goodrich All Terrain/ KO 50 27.32%
Goodyear Duratrac 63 34.43%
Other tires and opinions (specify) 57 31.15%
You hate me for posting "yet again" another thread like this 23 12.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #21
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Since my Taco never sees dirt and is used as a daily driver utility work truck, I went with 2235/60/16 Yokohama HK580's. They're smooth quiet low rolling resistance fuel efficient 60,000 mile rated passenger car tires.

I really like them because they make my truck ride and handle just like a car.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #22
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper st maxx or dick cepeck fun country, anything but the bfg or gy!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #24
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination AT. Stock size and rating. They are not terribly noisy. fairly smooth feel. mileage almost as good as originals.
I drive paved and dirt roads year road and never a problem, they handle great.

I may go to a slightly larger tire next time to get speedometer closer to actual but we'll see when the time comes.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #25
12thmanhawkfan is on a distinguished road

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to get the BF Goodrich AT's but the Duratracks were slightly cheaper and had a $60 mail in rebate...Couldn't say no to that!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #26
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
I'm considering those Goodyear Authorities from our freindly neiborhood walmart. It's a really aggressive looking AT tire and I've heard good things about them.
Attached Thumbnails
Recent Tire poll-tires.png  
Old 06-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the 255/85/16 KM2's or 285/75/16 Duratrac's next.

Some people on here have been contacting Goodyear pushing them to make Duratrac's in 255/85/16, (which I would definitely buy) but who knows how long or if they will actually listen to their potential customers.

Matt
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #28
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Looking at the 255/85/16 KM2's or 285/75/16 Duratrac's next.

Some people on here have been contacting Goodyear pushing them to make Duratrac's in 255/85/16, (which I would definitely buy) but who knows how long or if they will actually listen to their potential customers.

Matt
go 285's. I thought about 255's for a while but with a plate bumper they look stupid IMO
Old 06-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #29
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
i love BFG All Terrains. Never let me down. but for my next set i think i will try procomp tires. i really like the look of the procomp xtreme all terrains. we'll see..
Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #30
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
go 285's. I thought about 255's for a while but with a plate bumper they look stupid IMO
I'm actually really liking the tall and skinny look now a days. They really don't look that much skinnier than my 265's. I've noticed they look a lot skinnier in pictures than they do in real life. Plus that ratio is considered the best for offroading.

285's are just a heavy fucking tire that would kill MPG's and cause rubbing that 255's will avoid completely.

Matt
Old 06-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #31
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs are awesome in deep snow

Quote:
I'm actually really liking the tall and skinny look now a days. They really don't look that much skinnier than my 265's. I've noticed they look a lot skinnier in pictures than they do in real life. Plus that ratio is considered the best for offroading.

285's are just a heavy fucking tire that would kill MPG's and cause rubbing that 255's will avoid completely.

Matt
I kinda agree with you here, i like my 285s tho, and i think a wide tire looks badass. If there was a better selection of 255/80/17 and 255/85/16, and more good looking wheels out there that are skinny (less than 8") then i would probably be running that size right now.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Just go straight to 35s
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Just go straight to 35s
Old 06-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery

You know you wanna
Old 06-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #35
Quote:

You know you wanna
I know I wanna
Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #36

Firefighter:
Quote:

You know you wanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
I know I wanna
Oh I definitely want to but I don't want all the headaches of running them...

Matt
Old 06-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #37
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Have the Nitto Tera Grapplers on my truck and they are doing great. Work pretty well in all conditions (snow/ice/on road/off road/mud) About time to replace them though...tread is getting pretty worn.

Probably going to switch to a duratrac. a lot of guys up here run them and they have a great rating for winter use... which is very needed here
Old 06-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #38
Quote:
Oh I definitely want to but I don't want all the headaches of running them...

Matt
SAS time
Old 06-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Have the Nitto Tera Grapplers on my truck and they are doing great. Work pretty well in all conditions (snow/ice/on road/off road/mud) About time to replace them though...tread is getting pretty worn.

Probably going to switch to a duratrac. a lot of guys up here run them and they have a great rating for winter use... which is very needed here
i have the terra grapplers now and dont like them much, for pavement use they are fine but anything off road drags them down.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #40
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I had BFG ATs on my old Dodge. In my opinion they were terrible, but I liked my KM2s I had after those. I now have Toyo open country AT2 on the taco. They're ok. Ive got about 10k on them, and they arent wearing crazy fast, I expect to get about 40-50k out of them. All around traction is good. Icy road traction is excellent.
Of your two choices, I would go duratrac.